Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Leading Edge Simulations Citation?

Does anyone know of an update? I have issues logging into their forums wondering if anyone has any info on progress? I think the last info I saw was April.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone know of an update? I have issues logging into their forums wondering if anyone has any info on progress? I think the last info I saw was April.

Ryan, you had one of the last posts there, nothing new has been reported since.

We have lots of things going on behind the scenes… nothing to show at this time.  We will try to post something at X-Pilot soon.

Thanks for the interest!

Jim

Definitely interested....  thinking about shared cockpit on Pilot Edge with a little CRM...

Inspired by Guido Warnecke's awesome youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/okguido

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is shared cockpit planned? That would be awesome

Ummm, for XP10 I think you can do it on Pilot Edge - errrr maybe not.  From what I read XP10 uses a plugin where as FSX needed shared cockpit design....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

What's more important, an accurate study level simulation or a shared cockpit?

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

In this one I suppose you could argue its the former because its a single pilot jet anyway!

..and in a lower quality simulation with less detail you won't -need- a second pilot 'cause there's no details to manage. ;)

..and in a lower quality simulation with less detail you won't -need- a second pilot 'cause there's no details to manage. ;)

Well I'm looking forward to this being a "study sim" level aircraft

I don't seem to have any time these days so study sims really aren't my thing... but if this is I'll still buy it I'm really looking forward to a quality bizjet.  I mean your Saab is awesome but I'm not going to lie - I commonly use autostart gauge....  Half the battle is fighting with Track IR (or the virtual checklist thing - the views are too brief before they snap back .... not sure if that's because of TIR or what)....  Anyway it's a great plane with tiny minor quirks, onto the Citation!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I don't seem to have any time these days so study sims really aren't my thing... but if this is I'll still buy it I'm really looking forward to a quality bizjet.  I mean your Saab is awesome but I'm not going to lie - I commonly use autostart gauge....  Half the battle is fighting with Track IR (or the virtual checklist thing - the views are too brief before they snap back .... not sure if that's because of TIR or what)....  Anyway it's a great plane with tiny minor quirks, onto the Citation!

The Citation will be a "study sim" level aircraft.  The good news is that the engine start procedure in the Citation is MUCH simpler than the Saab, so the time involved to get going is nil.  In addition, you will be able to start the Citation with engines running and all systems set accordingly, which should also save a lot of time.

Regarding the virtual checklist "views" in the Saab… this has been working as designed as far as I know.  No one has reported the camera views "snapping back".  When you click on it, the camera should go to that position and stay there.  I have not tested this with TrackIR as I do not have it.  However, since the virtual checklist "views" and TrackIR control the camera, there could easily be a conflict (which may be unavoidable).

Jim

Yes I'm guessing that's the issue

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ryan; are you using the sim TrackIR driver or Sandy Barbours plugin?

...there may be a way that we can temporarily disable T'IR while the checklist runs and then turn it on again when we're done...