Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

64 bit oom , help?

hey guys,

recently i did a long hauler from lppt to egll, everysingle time on approach i get an oom. this is the first time ive had this ever when doing this long haul flight. normally i fly from egcc to egll cause of time constraints.

every signle time in on approach i get an oom, why? this is so annoying. ive tried to read other posts ut they just explain to why you get an oom error. the iarcat is a 777 pmdg, with gex and rex, uk2000 egll

my system: i5 2500k

hd 6870

8gb ram

any help, thanky guys! 

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

FSX is a 32 bit application, so it's limited to 4GB of virtual address space. When you add complex aircraft, mesh, detailed scenery with large HD textures, etc., with tweaks in the fsx.cfg that increase these impacts, when you get close to the ground on approach, these impacts cause the app to run out of VAS.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

There are loads of post explaining OOM on AVSIM, but I'll try and put it into a basic form for you.

FSX is a 32 bit application and has a virtual memory limit of 4Gb in 64bit Windows 7, less if you run the 32bit Windows 7. 

Now imagine FSX as a bath tub, the default flight is water in the bath. Now imagine that the PMDG 777 is a bucket of water, REX is another bucket of water, GEX another, EGLL another and all other airports as more buckets of water.

Start adding these buckets of water into the bath and soon the bath tub will overflow. So you load FSX and add the PMDG 777, GEX and REX textures and the level rises, as you fly other land then it rises more until you start to land at EGLL and all of a sudden it overflows and you have an OOM.

One way is to reduce texture sizes, reduce your sliders, turn off scenery that you are not using. I don't know your CFG settings but make sure that your LOD size is set to 4.5 not 6.5. The good thing is that the quality of GEX and REX is so much better then the FSX textures, that you can afford to turn down the sliders and not lose much. Also remember that in the PMDG 777 you spend most of the time looking at the sky.

FSX is a program made in 2006 when graphics cards were classed as powerful if the had 512Mb memory and PC's had 1gb of memory. Microsoft and Aces never designed it to run in 2014 with quad core processors, 8gb+ of RAM and superfast graphics cards, however we keep loading more in. The PMDG is quite hard on VAS because of the amount of systems and the quality of the textures.

The AVSIM CTD Guide has a lot of information on OOM's too. In the next update to this excellent guide, we plan on adding the following link that even provides more information - http://support.preci...mory-oom-errors.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10