Sign in to follow this  
haskell

Alabeo DA-40

I just saw the newly released DA-40 from Alabeo. I LOVE that it is the steam-gauge version as there are so many G1000 planes out there. 

Has anyone bought it? 

How does it fly? 

Is it possible to use the RXP GNS in it? 

I will likely be flying the DA-40 IRL and there aren't many good sim versions out there. Would love to try this one if I can use my RXP. 

Thanks all. 

Eddie
KABQ

Yes, I'm really enjoying it also

here ya go: 

Cheers, Rob.

It looks great but I am so spoiled by the Aerosoft DA20 I would probably feel let down by the Alabeo DA40. I know they two are different aircraft but.. You can't help but compare since they are in the same family. Thanks for the video Rob!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hey Bill, 

Totally agree with the Aerosoft! But that thing is so stinking slow. I need something to get me 140-150kt. Now if THEY did a DA-40... done!

And thanks Rob! Great video!

Eddie
KABQ

It actually looks pretty good especially the RXP integration but I'm trying to purchase things I'll know I'll use more then a couple of times.

Alabeo is looking good...

BTW Rob, stunning colours in that video. Can't wait till I move to P3D V2. I loved V1.4 so I'm waiting to see what I've been missing!

Anyway don't wanna derail the thread too much.

It looks great but I am so spoiled by the Aerosoft DA20 I would probably feel let down by the Alabeo DA40. I know they two are different aircraft but.. You can't help but compare since they are in the same family. Thanks for the video Rob!

My thoughts precisely. Aerosoft feels 'real' Alabeo feels 'unfinished' in that they forgot to put any life into it. Or maybe I've just been spoilt by A2A!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

My thoughts precisely. Aerosoft feels 'real' Alabeo feels 'unfinished' in that they forgot to put any life into it. Or maybe I've just been spoilt by A2A!

Seeing you say this Ron just saved me a little money. Thanks, Man.

Yeah that's why I chose not to purchase as well

If you aren't a real world pilot, for a lot of folks who don't necessarily want all of the realism bells and whistles, then I think this is a product well worth the price.

I am especially enjoying it for low and slow scenery gawking.  The field of vision is really really good!  Also the night lighting is top notch, as are the frame rates.  Also, the visuals are absolutely stunning.  So for me, this is a 9 out of 10 rating.

I know that Carenado and Alabeo take a lot of hard wraps, but I definitely think there is room in this hobby for different levels of realism.  Different strokes for different folks.  Also the price is only $27 as compared to $50.

So just sign me as "in defense of Carenado and Alabeo".

Does it have missing features or does it just not feel "alive"?

Bernt has been doing all the Alabeo and Carenado FDE's and I think they are pretty good. I was tempted to buy this - good value.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

After trying lots of GA airplanes, I usually return to the RealAir birds.. the Lancair Legacy is amazing and excellent value at 15 euros..  (half of what I paid for it!)

Bert

Bernt has been doing all the Alabeo and Carenado FDE's and I think they are pretty good. I was tempted to buy this - good value.

He boasts way too much about them though; and I haven't heard good things about the Cardinal FDEs.

Agree with that too... (Bert's post)

Consider with the Da40 it can fly in P3D and they don't charge more for it... I started flying P3D so this is a factor for me

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does it have missing features or does it just not feel "alive"?

You feel like your flying someones art project and not a complicated piece of machinery. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors