Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 Opinions please (from owners)

Guest av84fun

<>Aeroworx has announced a 58 coming soon.

2d cockpit just fine on my system, VC noticeable fps impact.For that, the VC is very nice!!Great RXP gauges and lovely handling make it all a great buy!P4 2.8, Ti4200-128 video.

Bert

Guest Peter Sidoli

>I became a partner in a B55 Baron last spring>so-yes-better-though I'll forever miss my 11 year>relationship/adventures with the Deb-along with its' fun>handling and performance (and half the fuel burn....grrr...).>>Thanks for the nice comments on the MSFS Deb-I feel very lucky>to be able to always remember her with the sim-still another>use of msfs-memories!Geof I have some 50 hrs in a Baron 55 and it has to be one if not my favourite twin.Superb handling, trailing link U/C fantastic economy/speed and most of all "bags of character".the Baron 55 felt like flying your own mini mosquito and I loved it.No more worries flying over fog banks or at night or over water. With those two engines purring away you will be riding the heavens :-)Peter

Guest aca_dia

I have flown a few trips in a nice 2001 Baron 58. Great aircraft. I only wish I could afford to fill the tanks let alone purchase one!

It is a great machine for sure. The second engine does come in handy living in the "great lake state" of michigan. I used to go out of my way to avoid the lakes on my routes-what a time saver to go direct everywhere right across the ponds.I have already 80 hours in it thanks to a 2 cross US trip in both cardinal directions. It is amazing to be able to beat the commercial airliners time wise for 85% of my trips now. Of course with the price of fuel lately I can't beat the commercial prices unfortunately...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Jan Bergwall

Lots of OT in this topic...A36 Bonanza has just landed after first flight. I can tell you it's better fps than the PMDG's. I have both PMDG 736-739 and LDS767 and A36 has higher fps with everything on. Besides the good fps it's a great creation from Dreamfleet. I'm not a pilot, but I do appriciate all the extras, like Reality's Weather Radar and the smart solutions in cockpit. I have to agree, it's the best GA addon so far.Regards,Jan B.

>I have 500+ hours in a B33 and I always judge flight models as>much on "feel" as numbers. So far the aircraft seems extremely>familiar-especially the cockpit view with cowling which is>usually missing on fs aircraft. >Geof,I kind of used your Debonair as an example in my latest MSFS versus X-Plane debate in Avsim's X-Plane forum under "Question from a total newbie". You could always read the thread and see what you think. :)Perhaps the Debonair and DF Bonanza could serve as examples....L.Adamson

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest av84fun

Only a couple circuits so far...just fired it up without RTFM and off I went. VERY, VERY impressive machine...which is SOP for Dreamworks.It's hard for me to give an opinion of fps because I recently got a SCREAMING rig with fps in the 50s-60s most of the time so I capped them at 30 for whatever benefits that might create.My old machine was a 1.7/512 with a 128 card and the FANTISTIC Dreamworks 310 was not flyable...well if flew but on the edge of a slide show in any kind of scenery density so I retired it to the back of my hangar pending a new machine. If flies GREAT on my new rig.But back to the A36...I get 25-28 (locked and unlocked) in the 2D and smooth as glass performance. In the VC, I got down into the teens on final at Seatac with few clouds, medium traffic and got a few jitters.My GUESS is that, at least with the VC, the ship would be a challange for any rig less than 2.5+ and with less than a 256 card.Visually, inside and out, it is state-of-the-art and the Reality XP inclusion makes the price a steal.From a flight model standpoint, while I have no time in the A36, I have a bunch of time in other high performance singles...both high and low wing and it seems to fly spot on in relation to my experience.As I have commented on in other threads though, and while the issue is almost certainly due to the limitations of FS9, very few aircraft model ground effect AT ALL and the best of the lot only hint around at it.The A36 seems no better...or worse...than the other high quality add-ons. What I mean by that is in most cases, sim aircraft can be DRIVEN onto the runway...nose down...15-20 kts too fast (say 85kts instead of 65kts) and still produce a no bounce, chirp and stick landing.As the rest of the RW pilots know, landing airplanes is just NOT that easy. An approach like the one described above would produce some combination (depending on pilot control inputs) of significant float, MAJOR bounce(s) and a trip to the maintenance hangar.The best of the breed machines...like the RealAir Spitfire...will at least bounce but MOST models that I have flown don't even do that. NOT ALL...because I have not flown them all. I am speaking only from my own experience.The A36, flown to touchdown as described above modeled ground effect to the extent that my stabilized 400 fpm approach to touchdown moderated WITHOUT ANY CONTROL INPUTS FROM ME to less than 100 fpm and then...chirp. So at least some modeling of the ground cushion was present. But on another approach, when under the same conditions, I flared out, what should have happened would have been a MAJOR balloon upward requiring a second attempt to land in a proper attitude/airspeed configuration or a go around. But there was not such balloon.Just so there is no misunderstanding, I say again that I assume the above is essentially due to the limitations of the FS9 software and not a "fault" of developers, like those at Dreamfleet, who know how to fly RW airplanes as well as me if not 3 times better...and B)I have yet to find and add-on that even relatively closely compares to actual landing dynamics.Since landing is a rather fundamental issue in flying airplanes, hopefully the state-of-the-art will improve over time because as far as flight models go, the landing dynamics are the most glaring weakness in PC sim flight.And just one more thought...please note that IF the landing is properly set up and flown, the flight model is nearly exactly correct. But, if the approach IS NOT flown correctly, the landing turns out fine anyway...that is my issue.But compared to what is available vs. what we might WISH was available, the Dreamfleet A36 is a great machine and right up there with the very best on the market.All just IMHO.Regards,Jim

Rightseat-On my 1.6Ghz P4, 1G DDRAM, 256k nVidia GFX5500, WinXP Home I get frames in the 18-19 in 2D cockpit (locked at 20) and 11-12 in VC with weather, otherwise 15 in VC. And the same 18-19 in spot, unless again weather is involved. But it has never gotten so bogged down I couldn't fly her. Your setup should do just fine with her.

Guest Mike_Luchia

As pretty as this aircraft is, it just will not run well on my outdated system (not from any fault of DreamFleet). I have low framerates, (most of the time looking like a slide show) and sound problems. (I assume from not having enough RAM. I will be asking DreamFleet if they will refund my money until I can afford to purchase a new computer.MikeP4 1.7GHzGForce 4 TI 4200 128 MB384 MB RAMP.S. Once I have a new computer, this is the first thing I will run to get again.

Guest Alphahawk3

I just bought it. It is way above my level of flying but I wanted it while the price is low. It is a great airplane. I have a P4 3ghz, 80g hard drive, 1g of memory, 17 inch LCD and a cheap ATI 300PCI Express. The FPS are much better than my Flight1 172. I have no problems with the frame rates. I get 19-21 at 1280x1024. I have FSGenesis 38m mesh and landclass. The graphics on this plane are awesome.

Specs AMD 3200XP (non 64), 1 gig GEil gaming 3500 DDR, ATI 9800 pro 128, and XP pro running lean, no SP2, all sliders maxed, locked at 30.Just spent an hour around Misty Fjords, fantastic design as expected from Dreamfleet. Visual model inside leaves nothing to detract from the realism, matches the 2D almost perfectly (especially love the strobe texture/effects, brilliant). Outside a few texture glitches that only a modeller might notice, around windows not matching with the textures, easy for me to overlook, even if payware.Handles like a dream, very easy to trim and "feels" good. I do agree with Jim on the ground model effect though, but that is will most aircraft. The ANR feature is outstanding, love it!The VC is really superb, but heavy on the frames. As I fly from the VC most of the time AND in real weather, this is a huge issue! I was able to do a VA repaint and resize the VC BMPs to 512x512 and although I lost a little quality it is very smooth now.All in all a must have if you have a decent rig.Great job guys!!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest MattNW

Doesn't seem to give me much of a performanc hit at all. My first flights were doing touch and go's at KSEA which is one of the airports that really tax my system and I got reasonable rates all the way around. Little hiccup when turning onto final as the textures for all the airport buildings and AI aircraft loaded but once everything got loaded it was as smooth as any of the default airplanes in that situation. Really kind of surprising since I definately don't have a cutting edge system by any stretch of the imagination.AMD 1.8 Ghz1 Gig PC-133 RAMAbit AK74-RAID System boardGForce 4 128 Mb Graphic cardIn regards to the A36 it'self I'm amazed. It's one of the best flying airplanes I own. It handles surely without being twitchy and it's stable without loosing the small aircraft feel. Also the VC textures are crisp and clear without wearing down my system resources.So far in the short flights I've done today I haven't found much to complain about.