Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 Opinions please (from owners)

The installer and aircraft are only certified on WinXP. I believe the installer should now work on Win2K as well but no guarantees about the workings of the product as it's untested on that platform (except from me looking at it from the outside and seeing it looked good :-lol).

I think all you need to enjoy her with decent (not stellar) performance is another stick of RAM. Should set you back under a hundred.

In some ways they aren't. FS controls respond differently from real ones. A good FS flight model takes that into account to make the handling of the aircraft seem similar to the real thing despite those differences, not everyone recognises that and will instead look at the numbers and see they're off concluding the FDE is poor.Of course many who are not pilots do the same thing :)

Guest danowat

I would be interested to hear if people with Intel HT CPU's are the ones getting the performance hit.The reason I ask this is the GNS430, I have just upgraded the GNS530 to version 5, which is the same version as the 430 included with the A36, and quite frankly my performance with the 530 now sucks.Dan.

>I would be interested to hear if people with Intel HT CPU's>are the ones getting the performance hit.>>The reason I ask this is the GNS430, I have just upgraded the>GNS530 to version 5, which is the same version as the 430>included with the A36, and quite frankly my performance with>the 530 now sucks.>>Dan.Hello Dan,I have made a similar experience. I have a P4 3.2HT with HT enabled, and turning on the 430 in the A36 steals away around 5-6 fps from my system. I have not yet upgraded my 530 and the Jetlines, so I rely on the 430 only (and therefore my findings should not be generalized, as I heared from many other users that they do not have any performance problems!).Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFVATSIM Europe Division Director *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.orghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811874/957.png

Guest danowat

I wouldnt mind betting that it has something to do with having HT, something that, although plagued the first version, was easily cured by changing the affinity, something that unfortunatly doesnt work this time round.Oh well, the GNS530 goes back in the box, and it seems the A36 is out of reach for people with HT CPU's?Dan.

Purchased, tested, satisfied.Solid 30 locked 2D, low 20's vc. Beautiful flight model, excellent 2D panel. Garmin didn't hurt my performance like I expected. Those with similar rigs (see my above) I recommend this purchase.Very nice job Dreamfleet!Thanks to all that contributed (meaningfully) to this post

OK had a few more hours this weekend to fly this new addon.2D panel great-looking. 35-50fps (with RealityXP instruments OFF)VC great looking but still a bit down on the 2D. 25-35fps maxExterior model is its weak point I think, not as good-looking or realistic as the Carenado V35 in my humble opinion. FPS in spot view 20-35 down on my RealAir SF-260 and 20 down on the Carenado V Tail model. Bit disappointing but obviously will vary depending on your system.Great to fly (although I still havent got to grips with the GPS despite downloading the real Garmin manuals - must be getting old:)Flight Model superb - love the tyre chirps!Good value in UK money especially with the RealityXP instrumentation (when I work out how to progam it;)ACustom 3GHz Prescott P41GB RAMAsus x800 256mb Radeon Graphics

Guest delta_one

>>The VC is really superb, but heavy on the frames. As I fly>from the VC most of the time AND in real weather, this is a>huge issue! I was able to do a VA repaint and resize the VC>BMPs to 512x512 and although I lost a little quality it is>very smooth now.>I find the vc to be a hit on frames as well, down to 6 fps at one point, so can you resize the vc bitmaps using imagetool program? otherwise a top rate aircraft.

Guest delta_one

I still find the vc to be a hit on frame rates, down to 6 fps at one point, so can you resize the vc bitmaps using imagetool program? otherwise a top rate aircraft.

Geoffa and the Deb are "synonomous". Hard to believe...but life goes on. Hi Geoffa....Good to read your words again. If you say the Bonanza is GOOD...then I'll buy it. Stan

Geof,Thanks for remembering. I still say you would have found a way without my help...but I really appreciate you saying that.I will enjoy the cowl view a great deal...since I don't see enough of that. The Deb has one, and i still say that's what gives it that extra shot of realism. Talk to you soon. Stan

Guest JimC1702

I've been enjoying the new A36 but I wanted to also put in a word for Geof's Debonair. It's one of the first add-on aircrafts I downloaded for FS2002 and I was blown away by the 2D views and photoreal panel. I updated the Deb for FS9 and although I don't fly her much anymore, she's still flying the skies as an AI plane. Always a pleasure to see her.Thanks Geof!Jim