Sign in to follow this  
Vlooi

NVidia 340 Series Drivers

Hi Jim,

Yes to clarify, it is the exact triangular corruption I have, as seen in the screenshot above. And yes furthermore, the 340.52 ARE actually WHQL drivers. I did state betas and officials in my post. What concerns me is that with all betas and officials prior to 340 series, no problems. With ALL the 340's I've had problems, the exact same one as per screenshot by Bill. Apart from that specific corruption, there is no others whatsoever I could identify. That is the reason I stated I am concerned, because the new series drivers have broken something with the tessellation across the board.

And Bill, yes I hope so too, and that they will address this situation before release.

Wholly cow, look at all those lovely triangles!  I read a few post about this issue so with my newly installed GTX 780 6GB I went with the 337's.   Everything is real good but for some reason cannot get the clarity of my .15cm photoreal.  It's not a distance blurry thing... it's right all around me.

Hey Jim, since you are a photoreal advocate like myself what drivers are you using?  The 340's?  I may try my old and trusted 306's that never seemed to let me down.  (suggestion - maybe include in the AVSIM PC info setup a line to include your driver version?)

Question - has anybody performed their driver updates with their PC not overclocked?  That is, I have read elsewhere that OS updates, drivers and programs should not be installed when you PC is OC as that may cause minor or major errors in the install.  Never really thought about it before.  I may just set my BIOS back to normal and install the 340's to see what happens.  Thoughts?

Yes, I recently trashed 2 PCIe lanes on my Maximus IV Extreme-z and had to return to standard i7-3770K clocks.  I only had the triangles in anything beta.  The standard 338.42 (I think, not at my computer to confirm, it's a thousand miles away) worked fine, but the beta 338.80-something gave me triangles. 

BTW, I keep hearing that SLI doesn't work with P3D.  Please allow me to retort.  It does indeed, but there is no optimized profile for P3D, so probably doesn't work as well as it could.  With all sliders set to max, my FPS on a single GTX 760 SC is 28-109 or so using the iFly 737.  With 2 760's in SLI, running about 28-40 in the VC (couldn't break 32 without SLI) and 140-170 in the external view.

See also a link to another forum here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390968&page=4

And here showing Nvidia are well aware of it (ManuelG is a Nvidia employee)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4847154&highlight=prepar3d#post4847154

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Are you using drivers meant for GTX or Quadro systems then?

The GTX drivers is what nVidia will support. If you use Quadro drivers with a GTX card I'm not sure why you should expect support for that.

Are you using drivers meant for GTX or Quadro systems then?

The GTX drivers is what nVidia will support. If you use Quadro drivers with a GTX card I'm not sure why you should expect support for that.

Because they are interchangeable drivers and people have been doing this since the day before forever.  The only thing that is different is the installers configuration to detect quadro cards or GTX cards. Also the GTX release will contain updated SLI profiles.  Driver wise nothing. Drivers for each card are not proprietary for each architecture. 

Last Quadro (before 340.52) QNF drivers - 337.88

Current GTX WHQL - 337.88

More than likely the next GTX drivers will be 340.52.. They don't always match versions as builds aren't always in line with each but again, they're the same drivers base just version numbers may bounce around between the two.... 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Picture tells me that tessellation isn't being applied to airports ... interesting.

Can someone do me a favor and test 340.xx Beta driver in P3D v2.x without tessellation enabled and report back on any performance changes?

Cheers, Rob.

Picture tells me that tessellation isn't being applied to airports ... interesting.

Can someone do me a favor and test 340.xx Beta driver in P3D v2.x without tessellation enabled and report back on any performance changes?

Cheers, Rob.

Actually they are.. Just not anything tarmac/concrete related.. It looks that way only because it's an addon airport with tons of concrete and tarmac and I was at a high altitude but as you can see the little plots of terrain in between and around it are affected

Addon airport enabled

1048VXq.jpg

Addon airport disabled

nZWKnGR.jpg

Bill I dont see anything wrong with your shots lol kidding what a mess

Rich Sennett

It'll be a mess if the GTX WHQL's are 340.52. Everyone will upgrade then find out they have to downgrade because this bug exists..  Some won't care but people like me rely on having the newest driver releases for the updated SLI profiles as I play modern games and those SLI profiles are wonderful things. 

I'm guessing we'll be finding out tomorrow or Tuesday what version of the drivers we get. 340.52 or a last minute bug squashing newer version. 

I was surprised about the comment about "don't complain if they are beta drivers". If we don't complain and make a report, the error will end up in the WHQL because it is clear that P3D is not in Nvidia's list of test items

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Looking more and more likely that 340.52 won't be our next WHQL.. Been six days since I read the next Geforce drivers were going through it's WHQL certification.  Either we're getting a newer version (they yanked 340.52) or Microsoft is taking their sweet old time.

I was surprised about the comment about "don't complain if they are beta drivers". If we don't complain and make a report, the error will end up in the WHQL because it is clear that P3D is not in Nvidia's list of test item

Agreed 100%... I tested the beta's and reported this issue to nV without which this issue would remain into the WHQL version. It may well not be fixed in the next  signed release, as I'm sure P3D has a low priority for nV but we can hope. This is not much of an issue if you only use FSX or P3D as the older drivers work fine, but some of us do run games that can greatly benefit from using the very latest release.

LM have been working with nVidia, so I know nVidia are aware.

Cheers, Rob.

LM have been working with nVidia, so I know nVidia are aware.

Cheers, Rob.

Good to know Rob... some work from nV could make a considerable difference to the platform. I just hope any driver with optimisations for P3D come sooner rather than later.