Sign in to follow this  
Joe Flyer2

NVidia Inspector tweaks for FSX... Does it work for you?

First off, I will start by saying that if you don not use a NVidia Graphics Card, this thread will have next to no use for you. For those with a NVidia Graphics card, you've probably heard of the following:

NVidia Inspector.

NVidia Inspector, in general terms, is a tool that allows you to change internal graphics card settings for any program.

If you are aware that NVidia Inspector can be used to benefit FSX, then you will likely most benefit from this post.

If you have a NVidia Inspector graphics card, but have no idea what NVidia Inspector is, then I suggest you download Inspector via the internet. *DO YOUR RESEARCH before using NVidia Inspector to "tweak" FSX. Once your ready, make sure your graphics driver is up to ate, then follow the instructions and pictures on the following thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, for those with NVidia Inspector experience....

Does it work for you?

After researching for a long time and constantly trying to figure out how to tweak FSX to the best ability, it was not long ago, after Word Not Allowed's Tweaking Guide, that I discovered that NVidia Inspector could be used to 'squeeze' out more FPS from MS FSX. Only, after a week of anticipation that all my FSX problems would be solved, I put the proper settings into Inspector, started up FSX.. and --

my FPS halved.

I tried using less harsh settings (below 4xS) and there was no improvement. Why? I have no idea.

So, now, I am asking of you to share you experiences with NVidia Inspector. Good or Bad? Please elaborate, and feel free to provide any advice ^_^. Thank you, and remember to post nicely with useful answers.

Joe.

I've noticed that when I change settings (in FSX) no matter how low or how high, my FPS stays between the same area. Now, I've used Nvidia Inspector to buff my anti-aliasing settings to 32x, still no performance drop. The only thing I've noticed that would drop my FPS is any addon software, such as airports or aircraft.

Now, I've used this tool and inserted my CFG and I did notice a performance lift. Re-check your Nvidia Inspector settings.. Maybe you can find what is causing the drop.

My experience:  Good!

Don't expect NI to produce better performance, but better and smoother visuals.

You do need a GTX660 or better card for this to shine though.. your card may not be able to process the recommended settings...

Edit:  Looking at your configuration, I would go one step further and say, it will not be able to get the job done.. unfortunately

Bert

Alright... thanks. And believe it or not +Bert Pieke, but I was looking into a GTX 650 Ti BOOST very recently. I am aware that my graphics card was in no way specifically designed for a GPU power-eating monster such as FSX. Thank you for your reply ^_^.

ok so before I found this thread I was getting stuttering and blurries etc and I spent a good two hours going through NickN's comprehensive list of things you should do to your computer (windows 7) and then onto the GPU through the Nvidia inspector software, after doing this I must tell you it does work!

Now i have no blurries, jazzies and alot smoother game play. Thank you so much Nick! He is a genius!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I'll tell you what.  I just got this new PC and loaded FSX back onto it this morning. 

I used the Bojote tool, and SteveFx DX10 fixer. 

The Bojote tool is self explanatory. I used this video to dial in DX10 and did everything exactly how he says to:

I'm using the PMDG 737, ASN, REX4, and FTX Global and I'm getting INCREDIBLE performance. 

That video is great because he goes into the little switches in you cfg you want to make sure are there, how to use the fixer, what 

settings in Nvdia Inspector, and your FSX settings. 

Great stuff. 

GTX-SLI TWEAKED AA MODE ,USING INSPECTOR two cards working the the AA: SLIDERS IN FSX ONE CLICK AWAY FROM MAX --48 FPS   ORBX WITH ALL THE LAYERS INSTALLED ,ACTIVE SKY 2012, ULTIMATE TRAFFIC,

SLI 64X CSSA IN CONTROL PANEL ,VSYNC ON HALF REFRESH RATE SMOOTH ,MY MONITOR IS 120HZ CFG SET TO 60 FPS.

ALL ON A PAIR OF GTX 480,S CLOCKED TO 800 /1900/1600   CUSTOM SCENERY CONFIGURATIONS ON SEPARATE DRIVES (SSD AND MECHANICAL) FSX SET UP ON A FOUR HARD DRIVE WD BLACKS RUNNING DIRECTLY THROUGH THE 16 LANE PCI BUS VIA A RAID CARD.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.937 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games_Raid_00\Flight SimulatorX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=59290000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       15 System time = 14/12/2014 15:15:42
       15 FLT path = "C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
       46 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       46 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games_Raid_00\Flight SimulatorX\"
      249 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      249 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      265 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      265 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      265 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      265 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
    12386 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
    12386 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    12386 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    12417 C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\FTX-BRITISH COLUMBIA.FLT
    12417 C:\Program Files (x86)\Games_Raid_00\Flight SimulatorX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10 CDF\OV-10B.AIR
    13603 Weather Mode now = Custom
    14945 ASE with WX requester detected
    24242 C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\CYYJ-CYVR_VFR-26LOV-10 BRONCO.PLN
    64787 System time = 14/12/2014 15:16:47, Simulator time = 15:15:57 (23:15Z)
    65785 Starting everything now ...
    69451 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
  1180147 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 1116 secs = 48.1 fps
  1183610 C:\Users\Paul\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\CYYJ-CYVR_VFR-26LOV-10 BRONCO.PLN
  1183610 C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT
  1192877 System time = 14/12/2014 15:35:35, Simulator time = 15:15:56 (23:15Z)
  1192877 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 1116 secs = 48.1 fps
G3D fix: Passes 26328, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 495 Allocs, 495 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********