Sign in to follow this  
Fullthrottle

PMDG 747-400X Problem

Hi Guys, just wondering if any of you have installed the above successfully on Win 8.1 64bit without any problems like missing .dll files and stop working shut down syndrome. I am thinking of uninstall reinstall to see if that might fix it. Also have Airbus evolution loads up fantastic graphics then stops working and shuts down. I don't know if the two problems could be related. Please could you let me know if you had no problems with it on first install.

Hmm Make sure you are running FSX as Administrator and also, where is your FSX Directory? If it's under Program Files (x86) it could cause issues similar to this.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am running as administrator. I have uninstalled FSX and all add ons starting a fresh, reinstalled FSX on its own to start with, its installed itself in the 86 folder. The interesting thing I have found out FSX Works ok until I tick the box at the bottom "Show all aircraft" then click on the B747 It loads up then stops working and shuts down. Which is the problem I had to start with. I thought this was to do with the add-ons but not so it seems.  

I have been running the PMDG 747 for over a year now on Windows 8, and recently on Windows 8.1 without any problems of any kind.

FSX is installed on its own dedicated drive, and everything else regarding installation was done following the AVSIM installation guide.

I understand that people do have problems with Windows 8 and FSX, but, for whatever reason, I have been fortunate to escape any such issues ... So far.

That's great news. I thought someone must have had success. The stop working problem I had seams to have fixed itself, time will tell I suppose. Sounds like a good idea having everything on a separate drive, might try that, maybe some conflict with anti virus programme or something.

The missing options.dll file, well its there I can see it but the programme cant find it. Very strange any ideas anyone?