Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Saitek Pro Yoke, and Peddles Problems HELP !

Jim,

I tried the same thing with P3d. The Yoke seem to be ok. But not the peddles. I remove any reference to the peddles in the xml file as I did with the yoke. The problem is that the rudder moves but the plane is not responding. It always wants to pull to the left and will not come back if I apply right rudder. Because of this problem I have not been able to get off the ground to fully verify that the yoke is working. Check again using XPlane and all axis work fine as well as FSX.

At this point I don't know what else to try.

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm at a disadvantage here as I don't have P3d but if it's similar enough to FSX I have a couple of guesses.

My first guess is that there were some references in the Standard.xml that you missed.  Make sure you delete ALL of the controller references, not just the pedals.  I hope you're using XML Notepad 2007;it makes life so much easier.

My second guess would be to check the in game controller settings.  Perhaps when you were initially troubleshooting you made some adjustment that's now causing problems.  There is a way to restore the settings to default but use caution here.  All settings including those of the keyboard will be returned to their initial values.  If you've re-programmed any of the keys those changes will be lost.  Another reason to back up Standard.xml.

Can't think of anything else.  Good luck!

Jim

Jim,

I deleted all the references for the Yoke except the button command functions for it. Also, all the references for the Peddles. The only other Saitek items I have are the Quadrant and the Switches that control such things as Starting the engine and turning on lights and Landing Gear. Which I didn't touch in FSX. I reset and calibrated the Peddles after I reset the computer. Just as I had done with FSX. Yes, I am using XLM Notepad 2007. P3d has many more entries in the XML file than FSX. I think they have entries for every joystick ever made based on the number. I didn't make any changes to the keyboard. BTW it is also Saitek. I did backup Standard.xml for both FSX and P3d. Before I made any changes. I'm OLD school. :)

I even tried to use FSUIPC to setup the Peddles with no changes. Again the rudder moves right and left and centers. As it should. But it's like it makes no difference using it. Yes autorudder is off.

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Nothing further comes to mind as to what to suggest trying.  The only things that I would think about investigating are:

a. when taxiing in a real aircraft the rudder has very little effect at slow speeds; you use the brakes to steer.  Maybe the control is proper. 

b. Perhaps FSUIPC is interrupting the control flow.  I only have the free version.

c. FSX has an extensive listing of controllers, but they're only added to Standard.xml when they're detected.  It seems P3D is doing things differently but I'd certainly seek clarification on this.

If anything else occurs to me I'll post.  Good luck.

Jim

Hi Bill,

I just re-read your last post and saw "I deleted all the references for the Yoke except the button command functions".  My whole line of thinking was suspecting that the GUID was not associated with the correct controller.  I know this was the case when I first had the swapped yoke and pedal functions.  I believe that completely removing the references is necessary.  I also suspect that the GUIDs of one controller has been swapped with another.  I suggest completely removing ALL controller references.  This is not to say that I'm sure this will solve the problem but it's my best guess.  Hopefully, you've already fixed the problem and this is all academic but I thought this was worth posting.

Jim 

Jim,

Yesterday out of frustration. I decided I wasn't going to spend any more time on P3d and focus on FLYING (FSX). It was nice being able to fly with everything working.

That said. Today is a new day and after reading your post I will delete all references to Saitek. At this point it either works or not. Nothing to loose.

Thanks for still thinking.

Bill

I'll let you know the results.

Jim,

Deleted everything that even remotely could be Saitek from file. Restarted computer after unplugging all Saitek controllers. Plugged controllers back in and started P3d with the same results as before.

I'd be glad to send you the XML file if you want to take a look it.

Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

Seeing as I don't have P3d, and don't really know what I'm talking about, I started worrying that I may have suggested something that really was inappropriate and would do harm.  I guess that after you deleted all the Saitek references and still had the same problem, I guess too much wasn't deleted.  I'd like to see the new Standard.xml and also if you have a copy of it before you deleted all the references that might be helpful.  No promises.  Or any real cause for hope, for that matter.  But who knows?

Jim 

Jim,

Since I don't no how to send you the files in avsim. Can you tell me how to do it?

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

This is something that's actually easier done than said!

This is what I suggest:

Create a free account at Box.net.

Copy the files you want to include to a new folder on the desktop.

Right click on the new folder and Send to... Compressed (zipped) folder.

Sign in to Box.net.

Upload the zipped file.

You'll see "share" by the uploaded file .  Click on it and either post or PM me the link.

I have the box net link at the top of my FlightSim bookmarks.  It really has come in handy.

Jim

Macpilot, I understand your frustation, I have Saitecc quadrants and pedals, and CH yoke, the yoke works OK, but the quadrants never stay in the same calibration from each new start, plus some not same range, a mess...........been working on this for last three weeks since installing P3D........have hope!!!......B31L8