Sign in to follow this  
w9nwrwi

Signage errors

Now that a large number of user generated airports have been submitted via WED and released into Beta 6 I am seeing a huge

number of signage errors appearing in my Log.txt.  If one selects an airport (within WED) that has the error, its signage does not show up within WED since APT.DATA does not show buildings, signage. Only runways, and taxiways (Before WED input). It only shows if the airport layout has been modified and  is within Custom Scenery.

An error within log.txt example: 

could not find tile 48 name is close-frame
Could not find tile 47 name is open-frame
 (in sign '{@L}|{@Y}{^l}A6{@L}A{@Y}32-14{^u}' from airport KFRG)
Could not find tile 48 name is close-frame
 (in sign '{@L}|{@Y}{^ld}A5{@L}A{@Y}A6{@L}|{@Y}32-14{^u}' from airport KFRG)
 (in sign '{@L}|{@Y}{^ld}G{^ru}{@L}A{@Y}A4{^lu}{@L}|{@Y}32-14{^u}' from airport KFRG)
 (in sign '{@L}|{@Y}{^l}B{@L}A{@Y}TERM-B-FBO{^r}' from airport KFRG)

I am not sure as a user of how to correct something I cannot see within WED, as I understand that if a error is thrown then

X-plane will not generate the sign. 

Do we rely on the original submitter of the airport to see the errors, correct and re-submit??

I also, at the airport in the example (KFRG) see only taxiway, runways, and lots of signs, no buildings.

Someone took a lot of time and effort on this airport, but it is still pretty much blank.

Or I suppose if I don't like what I am seeing within my log.txt I could just go to the APT.DAT, find KFRG and delete it....(?)

I am befuddled to say the least.

Possible of course that I cannot see the forest for the trees.

Thoughts?

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Yeah, I guess I should submit a WED bug, but was hoping some folks would verify what I am experiencing. Hate to go shooting from the hip and end up looking like a darn fool... :unsure:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

Those errors pop up for me as well as several people on the org forums and people are also experiencing a barren airport there.

Joseph Catino

Thanks for the reply deimos,

I was about to compose a bug report on WED, but then I thought, well its up to the submitter of the airport to make sure there are no glaring errors. We all make mistakes on that WED but I counted over 130 in my log.txt, vast majority all signs.

I dropped a note to Robin Peel of the data management side of LR for his thoughts on how it might be handled.

Maybe a forced validation of the airport with signs being part of the Go/No-go scenario.

Chuck

Ben knows about the error.  There is a missing file that will be fixed in beta 7.  That should be coming shortly.

Thanks for the info....good news. 

Installed Beta7 -- Signage trouble still there. Note to Robin stands.

I asked Ben also about these errors in an email and he said:

But for some of the true authoring errors - e.g. screwed up taxi signs -
lots of those :-( - we'll be able to fix them and so will authors, using
the gateway.

Thank you for the note, will see what happens when WED 1.3 and Gateway come out.

Chuck