Sign in to follow this  
ORN

VC Refresh Rate. Again.

The Bonanza A36:How many VC windows?Are the VC gauges as smooth as RA Spit and ** Mustang?Nothing else ...Eagle

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Don't have the A36 but I think it's highly unlikely that the guages in the VC are going to be as smooth as the Spitfire since afaik they aren't using the same design method for the VC guages as Realair did for the Spit...

Guest LilSki

I do not have the aircraft but being in close contact with mikko, the lead modeler, this aircraft uses conventional VC gauges. I tried to convice him otherwise but they were set with old style gauges and at the moment I don't think they know how to do the smooth gauges (I could be wrong). I personally know how the smooth gauges are done and have succesfully implemented them in our next release. But I told RAS I would not let the cat out of the bag as they did help with the key to them. Kevin

There are two VC windows. Refreshrate is not perfectly smooth but certainly flyable.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm not even sure that the RealAir method is compatible with as many guages, as are included with the DF A36. The Spitfire panel is quite simple in comparison.L.Adamson

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me should comment this, but these are my thoughts about that:If you compare the RA Spit with any other AC with about the same amount of gauges, it is faster in any aspect: moving around with Active Camera, panning, entering VC first time from spot view and of course instrument fluidity.So why should more gauges suffer from this technology? I would guesss the opposite, the more of these smart new gauges, the better performance.But who am I to say? Kevin, maybe you could shoot in a more accurate comment on this?brEagle

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I think it would probably work fine with "more" guages. I'm not sure though about "glass panels." Looks like we're going to get to see the technology in a Jet though in the coming months. :)

Guest LilSki

I can't see having more of these gauges being an issue really. This system does not add many polys at all. But there are certain styles of gauges that will not work with the new way. But in my opinion it would be better to have the main analog gauges in the new smooth style and preserve a single VC section in the panel cfg for the advanced gauges so they will also be smoother. Kevin

Thanks Kevin!I think I'll pass this time. I understand that the the A36 is pretty cool, but I have so meany really good vfr planes, also from DreamFleet, so the next vfr plane I'm gonna buy got to have new gauge technology. And would you know! RealAir just announced an SF260 update with new Virtual Cockpit gauges, stall buffeting effects and RealView!Bye!Eagle