Sign in to follow this  
LdeeFsx247

Fsx Acceleration failing to reinstall

Hi can you please help me,I have just Uninstalled fsx from my Pc because it was failing to launch. I tried to repair using my Fsx Gold disk but during installation process but it kept on rolling back so l decided to remove fsx starting with Addons and last Fsx,cleaned the registry. I was following Nicks n bible instructions prior installing,I have managed to install disk 1 & 2 fire up the sim and reboot. The problem starts when I want to install Acceleration it's failing to run I've tried everything but no joy. I searched the net couldn't find a solution. My disk are new free from scratches,I don't know how best you can help me I'm so frustrated please help ,Thanks

Regards

Lloyd

FSX Gold includes Acceleration. Are you trying to install another program called Acceleration? I don't own FS Gold but I assume it installs everything on the disk. If you have Acceleration already installed, the FSX.exe in your main fsx folder will indicate it is version 10.0.61637.0.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FSX Gold includes Acceleration. Are you trying to install another program called Acceleration? I don't own FS Gold but I assume it installs everything on the disk. If you have Acceleration already installed, the FSX.exe in your main fsx folder will indicate it is version 10.0.61637.0.

Best regards,

My understanding is Acceleration is disc 3 in the gold pack, so I assume he installed FSX from the first 2 discs and is now trying to install disc 3.   Course I could be wrong because I have deluxe + acceleration

What  error do you get?  Any errors in event log?

Hi I didn't get any errors as of now.The only errors I got earlier was Error 1722 then 1608 if I'm not wrong which I managed to resolve following this link on microsoft website.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

The only issue is my 3rd Disk which is Acceleration wont install,if I click the Setup.exe all I see a split second splash screen I can hear the disk running in my drive and that's it nothing goes further. 

My understanding is Acceleration is disc 3 in the gold pack, so I assume he installed FSX from the first 2 discs and is now trying to install disc 3.   Course I could be wrong because I have deluxe + acceleration

That's true that accelaration disk 3 wont install no scratches and its new .....!!!

Best regards,

Hi Jim thanks for the response,....

Are you trying to install another program called Acceleration?

No its the Acceleration disk from the Flight Simulator X Gold Edition with  3 Disks inside....1,2,& 3..

Apparently you have to install them stage by stage ,fire up the sim and reboot before installing the final disk which is Acceleration Disk 3 the one meant to be giving problems.  

From various post Google it seems its well known issue but I haven't found any resolved problem.,hopefully here might get a chance . Cheers.

Best Regards

Lloyd

Just curious. Did it ask you to activate Deluxe, (First two disk) after installing them and before installing Acceleration?

Just curious. Did it ask you to activate Deluxe, (First two disk) after installing them and before installing Acceleration?

Yes it did ask for activation after disk 2 finished installing which I inserted the Serial Key from my Dvd cover and it confirmed Fsx has been activated....

Fire up the Sim let it finish config fsx launch default Trike,exit Fsx and reboot my Pc.

After... reboot now trying to install the Disk 3 Acceleration that's were I'm stuck. .......

Was your original FSX (That you uninstalled) the Gold edition?  Just asking this because

of your statement of trying to repair FSX with your "FSX Gold Disk".  If Gold

was not the original setup, did you also uninstall SP1 and SP2?  Have

you tried right-clicking the Setup.exe and running it as Administrator?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Was your original FSX (That you uninstalled) the Gold edition?  Just asking this because

of your statement of trying to repair FSX with your "FSX Gold Disk".  If Gold

was not the original setup, did you also uninstall SP1 and SP2?  Have

you tried right-clicking the Setup.exe and running it as Administrator?

Hi Charlie, yes my FSX was the same one Gold Edition the same I used for initial installation that was working before. I have tried everything always run FSX as an Administrator. I actually did follow a nice tutorial from PMDG How to uninstall and Reinstall Fsx but no joy.......

Try downloading this. Select the uninstall option as well as "detect problems and apply fixes for me (recommended)". Your install may be corrupted, and this will try and fix that. Then re-install the whole thing again (Deluxe and Acceleration pack) from scratch.

OK, just had to be sure!   You did uninstall Acceleration before trying the Repair, and also

before doing the re-install?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Try downloading this. Select the uninstall option as well as "detect problems and apply fixes for me (recommended)". Your install may be corrupted, and this will try and fix that. Then re-install the whole thing again (Deluxe and Acceleration pack) from scratch.

Hi Magnetite thanks for response I already tried that one before it didn't help.  I came across it on one of the Avsim forums can't remember which one,I ran the Fix and it generated a report saying everything has been fixed of which I was able to install Disk 1 & 2 but for acceleration it won't accept.  

OK, just had to be sure!   You did uninstall Acceleration before trying the Repair, and also

before doing the re-install?

Yes I did uninstall Acceleration before repair checked my Add and Remove programs it wasn't showing anymore uninstalled anything Fsx related and finally did Registry clean up using Ccleaner.