Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

The next Flight Simulator

Well, we now know who will be doing it and we also know what tools they have in their toolbox. But what will it look like? Will it be FS11 or something completely different? Should we just wait until 2015 to find out or start speculating now?

I suggest we just wait…………

Trevor

We will see. Personally, I have no big expectations. Look forward to being surprised in a positive way.

If it's anything like train sim, you will have only specific regions modeled, and can only fly planes that fly out of that airport. Sounds like MS Flight to me.

-Damien

I won't hold my hopes as they will probably lock it out from normal designers (freeware) just like with train simulator, And then 20-30 euro addon airplanes will be added once in a while which are obviously non complex. I could be wrong but I hope they won't turn in the same "money making" scheme as TS2014.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great simulator with good visuals. But the developers greedyness of releasing the same product all over and over with all the restrictions and only payware, I decided to just stay with Russian train simulator "ZD Simulator" which is way better.

It could go really bad, but it could also be really good.  Either way, we'll also have what we have now, and that is not a bad position to be when making a decision.  Meanwhile I'll enjoy what I have, hoping developers keep cranking out products to keep virtual flying alive.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

For me, the only future worth the wait would be something in the line of DCS's or Digital Nature ( Rise of Flight and IL2 BOS)  engines, adapted to civil aviation....

Other than this, based an all I have used so far.... no reason for me to have big expectations.....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...