Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Anyone use a 60 inch or bigger tv for fsx?

Does anyone use a bigger tv for fsx? I got a 60 inch plasma. Does fsx work okay at 1080p on a big screen? Seems like it would be a little more realistic with everything much bigger than a 24 inch monitor. I know the image won't be as smooth lookin but might be worth trying out?

hello Greg,

I am now using a 55"Philips TV set ,connected with an  HDMI cable  (via a HDMI to DVI  adapter), on

a GTX460.

Result is excellent ,   picture is very crisp

Resolution is of course 1920 x 1080 set  in the FSX Graphics panel .

Size of the screen has no influence at all on smoothness , only resolution has .

I tried a 60" set, but at my viewing distance ( ~3 feet),pixels became too visible !

enjoy .......

Andy

Very cool thanks! I know I'll see some pixels. But with aa and af it shouldn't look too bad. It would just seem a bit more immersive to play it

On my home theater.

I am also using a gtx 460. Great card. But it's really tempting

To get a 760

666DBC32-ACCB-4B7A-BAD3-366057755842-827

Yep, used to use a 32" 720p Samsung, changed it to a 40" Full HD Toshiba a couple of years ago, and would never go smaller again

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

It's all about viewing distance.

At the cinema some people prefer viewing from the lounge, others crane their necks from the stalls.

Your choice.

Big screen, keyboard, mouse and a beer... what more can a guy ask for?  :lol:

You just have to be careful about buying a TV that has a looong input delay like I did (but recently bought a new Samsung so I'm good now)

I use a DLP projector with a 9 foot  diagonal  screen (wall)! Could actually make it larger (if space allowed) or smaller. I hope I never have to go to a smaller screen again. The newer short throw projectors, need even less space! If you have the space, and environment for it, (Low light levels - doesn't have to be completely dark)  I highly recommend it. Note, though it is an expensive solution (Although the costs have dropped, they are still high) Besides the cost for the projector, you have to replace the lmp units periodically usually about 3 to 4000 hours use. Mine is 5000 hours on low power. That gives me about a years average use. Your mileage will vary depending on how much you use it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I just ran fsx on my 60 inch plasma and it was awesome. And I was only about 4 feet away and the image looked fantastic. Gotta love the pioneer elite!

So what I wanna do is put my pc behind my wall so it's hidden ( cuz it's a really big case and don't want it to get in the way). How well do these USB extenders work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001TH7GUU?cache=bc1e1bcc0f504354eb684656ffa32c38π=SX200_QL40&qid=1406289262&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

i am using a 1080p short throw projector, could never go back to a monitor or tv

20140720_161202.jpg

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram