Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Modifying panel.cfg for unwanted views.. help please.

Guest atccontroller

When using the REAR LEFT, REAR RIGHT, BEHIND, etc.., I would like to make it so I don't see the "realistic" cockpit pictures. If I look to the REAR LEFT, I would like to see the wing and engine. Same for rear right and behind. I don't want to see the bmp's... how would I delete these views so I can see just see outside?Thanks for any help...AlanCOS TRACON

First, the model needs to have the wing and engine visible from the cockpit. Not all models do this, hence the static bitmaps.However, some models have the bitmaps and the wing/engine view, like the "lite" version of Veneaviones Turbo Commander.In the panel.cfg, their's a section called "Views". You'll find entries for each "view" that you could choose (such as back, forwards, etc....). Just delete those, and you'll be set. You may wish to keep the forward view, as sometimes they are tuned to give you a better view out of the cockpit for flying and landing.-John

Hi Alan,I saw this in the library yesterday, I haven't tried it out, but it sounds like it is something that may help you.ACT Hangar Manager by G. Robert Shipletthttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...util&DLID=62948Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Charlie Hall

In your aircraft's panel folder open the panel.cfg with Notepad. Look for lines that appear similar to below and comment out the lines as I have shown with // at the beginning of the lines. Do not comment out the [VIEWS] line or the VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS line if they exist. You could also comment out all the Fixed Windows referred to here and detailed further down the list but adjusting the lines as shown should be enough to test. Save the file when done and see how it looks when you open the sim. Adding comments makes the changes easily reversible just in case. If you really want it to be permanent and irreversible you could later delete the commented out lines (including the relevent Fixed Window sections) and also delete the unwanted bitmaps (specified in the Fixed Window sections further down) also found in the plane's panel folder. I wouldn't do this myself though. //Fixed Window30=FORWARD_LEFT//Fixed Window31=LEFT//Fixed Window32=REAR_LEFT//Fixed Window33=REAR//Fixed Window34=REAR_RIGHT//Fixed Window35=RIGHT//Fixed Window36=FORWARD_RIGHT[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX//VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=36//VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35//VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34//VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=33//VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=32//VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=31//VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=30

CharlieThanks for adding the point about the fixed windows--I left that out and it is also important since that's where the bitmap references usually are.-John

Guest Charlie Hall

No problem John, I think we were writing our responses at the same time! I already had to edit it twice too.

Guest atccontroller

John, Charlie and Joe,Thank you for the help. I did get the views to "go away" w/out problem. I am using the POSKY HAL 767 with the Lonny Payne panel. Of course, no wing/engine is visible. Figures. But the edit took care of my question.Guess I should get back and do some real vectoring... :)Thanks again...Alan COS TRACON

I believe the version 4 POSky 767--due out soon, will have wing/engine views--that may give you something to look forward to.-John