Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

6.46 with UT2 traffic question

Wondering if anyone else has any issues with the number of "active" AI using UT2.  I have my traffic slider at or around 60% and see almost every gate filled with a plane.  However,  I hardly see any other AI plane starting up or taxing out to the active.  I know that VOX is not using the UT2 schedule ( or is it? )  but does any know what activates the other AI to startup?

Curious!?!

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

"Wondering if anyone else has any issues with the number of "active" AI using UT2.  I have my traffic slider at or around 60% and see almost every gate filled with a plane.  However,  I hardly see any other AI plane starting up or taxing out to the active.  I know that VOX is not using the UT2 schedule ( or is it? )  but does any know what activates the other AI to startup?"

Are you supposed to have your AI slider at "0" for VOXatc?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Internally in FSX is set to "zero" and also in UT2 internally is set to "zero".  I was referring to the VOX traffix slider being set to 60%.  

Hey Tony,

Not sure about version 6.46...I'm still using the beta 6.43, and one of the changes was AI traffic. I'm using Traffic X and the problem I had was AI traffic keep running into me at 100% and sometimes the line was super long to get clearance for take off. But to answer no VOXATC does not use any Traffic's schedule..it just randomly selects a schedule maybe based on time of day and airport. You should see more traffic at a Class B airport.

Question...do you hear anybody requesting clearance?

Good luck,

Ray

nope - dont hear anyone else requesting clearance - 

I may try re-installing and running UTBridge again....this was never a problem before.  odd

hello !

Something is not clear for me ...

I've the traffic' slider at 25 % in Vocatc (6.46), at 75 % in UT2 and at 0 % in p3dv2.2.

Am I correct ?

I've read in a old post that we had to run ut2bridge.exe (located in the folder of voxatc). It is always true ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

To the best of my knowledge traffic in p3d should be set to 0 as well as traffic in Ut2 after you have run the ut2brudge. Once the bridge program has done its magic to Vox all traffic comes from Vox. Leaving ut2 sliders to anything but 0 will result in conflict, aircraft running in to you etc.

Mike

hello !

Something is not clear for me ...

I've the traffic' slider at 25 % in Vocatc (6.46), at 75 % in UT2 and at 0 % in p3dv2.2.

Am I correct ?

I've read in a old post that we had to run ut2bridge.exe (located in the folder of voxatc). It is always true ?

UT2 slider shoule be set to 0 and p3d to 0 - only Vox slider should have a percentage.

You will need to run ut2bridge anytime after running the Vox indexer but not everytime you want to launch FSX/P3D.  

BTW - I am the OP for this thread and just to update - I do see traffic starting up and moving around the airport.  The time of day has alot to do with the number of active AI fo sure.  I have no idea what schedule the developer put in his code but really wish he could incorporate the UT2 schedules.  oh well - time will tell

Ok !

All is right !

Traffic appears when Vocatc is launched

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I noticed this problem also. Traffic never moves for me if I'm flying really late at night. Even if I change the time of day in FS. I think some how VoxATC is assigning traffic  based on the system clock of your computer. I could be wrong, and I'm just taking a guess.

Sometimes I will have a full airport with lots of AI, but no one arriving or departing. Sometimes, mostly if I am using FS during the morning or afternoon, everything works as  normal. VoxATC is a great product, hopefully there will be a fix for this in a future update.