Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

How do you guys deal with Autogen popping ?

As the title states, how do you guys live with autogen popping in fsx ? Of lately i have started to get annoyed with the constant popping of autogen.I have tried different lod, different multi for texture bandwith but it still pops up every second.I have also experimented with different settings but yet no success.

So i wanted to know about you guys.How do you live with it.Is there any tweak that iam missing or is it just a trade off that everyone lives with.P3D v2.2 is an option i know, however not until PMDG get their products ready.

I use FTX global and vector along with airport sceneries from FSDT, aerosoft and few others.

Would love to hear from you guys.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

or is it just a trade off that everyone lives with

That's it. There is nothing you can do about it. Unless you use, as you said, P3D 2.2. ^_^ You will still see popup in P3D but in the far, far way distance (also depending on your altitude. And the weather). It's so much better than it is in FSX.

I've reached the point where I hardly notice it; I almost miss it when I'm driving in the real world and the buildings don't suddenly pop into view!

Being a Tube liner pilot I really don't notice it too much, difficult to see from the cockpit. If I go outside to look around I will spin around the aircraft 5 - 6 times in locked spot view to load all the textures first.

By happily realizing if it were further out my frame rates would be even worse than they pathetically are.

I've reached the point where I hardly notice it; I almost miss it when I'm driving in the real world and the buildings don't suddenly pop into view!

:LMAO:    

Ohh well. Let's live with the popping then.. Thanks guys.. :)

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

André

Scan the gauges more often. :)

That's what I do.

I don't find it that annoying. No more annoying than in other programs, where the ground looks like a blurry blob, and a few seconds later, it becomes a full resolution texture.