Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

SIDSTAR Converter for AISIDSTAR

Hello everybody

I started this tread to be able to follow any question/suggestion/issue you have with the tool I've developed.

The tools is called SIDSTAR Converter.

It will convert all the files you want in PMDG format using a special version of AiConv.exe (thanks Roland!!)

It has a friendly and straight forward user interface. And it will create a folder structure with the names of countries and states with all the converted files inside.

It will also create a txt file with the lines that you should copy to the AISIDSTAR.ini to be ready for use.

Please, read the readme that explains everything in a more detailed way.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp354gzq35c68fx/SIDSTAR%20Converter.rar

Regards,

Cool Stuff, thanks Matias, will definitly try it later on today!

Arslan Nouar

Very useful tool! I have organised the files manually into countries and continents, this will save me a lot of time! I'll try it out. Thanks. 

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Thanks so much Mattias.

A simple question, with your tool is it possible to convert in one shot all pmdg airac for use with AISIDSTAR? I mean, if I want to use aisidtstar with all globe airports is it possible ising your tool?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks so much Mattias.

A simple question, with your tool is it possible to convert in one shot all pmdg airac for use with AISIDSTAR? I mean, if I want to use aisidtstar with all globe airports is it possible ising your tool?

Yes of course!

I was thinking exactly that when I begin developing this tool.

Be aware though, it will take quite some time. In my test using the PC I use for FSX, it took more than one hour (or more) to convert all the procedures.

Probably if the output folder is on an SSD disk it will take quite less time.

The whole PMDG procedures conversion will only take around 80 Mb of space, tops.

Edit: During the test there are a couple of Airports that made AiConv.exe CTD.

I don't remember exactly witch one, but it is around KMEM if you sort it alphabetically. If this happens to you, just close the popup windows about the CTD. The conversion should continue, and then you can check witch one it didn't convert and remove it from the input folder for the next run.

I will run a full conversion and let you know witch ones are.

Hello guys

I just uploaded a new version.

I fixed some cosmetic problems and one major one.

Issues Fixed:

• The process that deletes the empty folders is now inside another thread. This way the UI doesn't get locked up during this phase.
  • That Convert process was running twice by mistake. Now its fixed.

Edit: Before installing the update you must uninstall any installed version and delete any file that remains in the installation folder. Notice that this will reset the DB and you will have to run the update again if you did it the first time.

Thanks a lot Mat, it's very kind of you.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hello guys,

I've uploaded a new updated version.

I've change how information is showed in the status bar during the process of copying the files and updating the database.

Now, it is easier to know if the program is working or not.

Hello guys,

Just to let you know that I've uploaded a new version.

I've fixed some bugs on the creation of the sample text file with all the lines with the converted files location.

I've also added a button that opens this file in notepad so you don't have to go and look for it yourself.

If anything comes up let me know.

Very handy indeed, Thanks very much for the efforts you put into this.

I love AISIDSTAR and your tool really helps to enjoy it even more.

Keep up the good work!

Marco Bruno

Mattias thanks again for your tool, do you think is it possible to add a feature that automatically update aisidstar.ini with entry lines generated by your tool instead of manually insert them?

Riccardo

Mattias thanks again for your tool, do you think is it possible to add a feature that automatically update aisidstar.ini with entry lines generated by your tool instead of manually insert them?

I thought about that, but finally I choose not to do it that way. 

Mainly because I didn't want to touch a config file that can be modified by the user and get updates that maybe make my tool stop working or make inserts in the wrong place and make AISIDSTAR stop working.

Also I would need some kind of placeholders to know where to insert the lines. Also another placeholder to know witch lines you want to keep, etc.

The way it is know, you can copy/paste in the correct place.

Yes, I understand, thanks so much anyway.

Riccardo