Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

SIDSTAR Converter for AISIDSTAR

Hi Matias

Thanks for the great tool much appreciated!!!One problem when I run the converter and point the converter to the correct folders is it takes less than a minute to convert the navdata from PMDG and sample.cfg is greyed out, and I dont get a sample.cfg file created in the end to the copy that to AI controller????. The program shows finished and thats it.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hi Matias

Thanks for the great tool much appreciated!!!One problem when I run the converter and point the converter to the correct folders is it takes less than a minute to convert the navdata from PMDG and sample.cfg is greyed out, and I dont get a sample.cfg file created in the end to the copy that to AI controller????. The program shows finished and thats it.

Hello Imran

Thanks for your kind words.

Lets confirm a couple of things.

- The input folder is the one that has all the procedures from PMDG and its not empty.

- The output folder MUST NOT have any spaces or special characters. This is important otherwise AiConv will not find the folder.

Try to run the AiConv version that comes with AIController manually and check if there is any message there.

If after this you keep getting the error, please, see if you can take a couple of screens or maybe a video to see what it is happening.

Hello Imran

Thanks for your kind words.

Lets confirm a couple of things.

- The input folder is the one that has all the procedures from PMDG and its not empty.

- The output folder MUST NOT have any spaces or special characters. This is important otherwise AiConv will not find the folder.

Try to run the AiConv version that comes with AIController manually and check if there is any message there.

If after this you keep getting the error, please, see if you can take a couple of screens or maybe a video to see what it is happening.

Thanks for your speedy reply, first 2 folders are correct, no special chars. Will upload a video of the problem in the morning. Thanks for your support

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

heres some pics again finished very quickly..

AI1.png

ai Conv in the background

ai2.png

Finished???

ai3.png

ai conv standalone

ai4.png

spacer.png

I see, the problem is that the SID and STAR procedures are not on the navdata folder, but on the sidstar folder inside the PMDG folder.

Right here.. D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\sidstars

Thnak you very much for pointing out my mistake, am the coverting files now :) thanks once again for a great program

spacer.png

Forgive me if im not looking but I dont see any:

AISIDSTAR cfg or .ini file???

spacer.png

Forgive me if im not looking but I dont see any:

AISIDSTAR cfg or .ini file???

You're referring to the SampleCFG.txt that my tool creates after it finish the conversion?

The SampleCFG button should become active after it finish the conversion if there were any files converted.

But it doesn't create or modify the ini files from AISIDSTAR in any way.

What is it that you are not seeing?

You're referring to the SampleCFG.txt that my tool creates after it finish the conversion?

The SampleCFG button should become active after it finish the conversion if there were any files converted.

But it doesn't create or modify the ini files from AISIDSTAR in any way.

What is it that you are not seeing?

You paste the contents of the Sample.cfg file to where exactly?

spacer.png

You paste the contents of the Sample.cfg file to where exactly?

You have to open the AISIDSTAR.ini (or if you have the latest version... AIController.ini) that is inside the folder where you have the AISIDSTAR application.

Inside the ini file you will have two sections: one for the SID location and another for the STAR location.

Just copy only the SID locations from the SampleCFG to the corresponding section inside the ini file, and do the same for the STAR locations.

INI_zpsa75d416a.jpg

Hope I made myself clear.

You have to open the AISIDSTAR.ini (or if you have the latest version... AIController.ini) that is inside the folder where you have the AISIDSTAR application.

Inside the ini file you will have two sections: one for the SID location and another for the STAR location.

Just copy only the SID locations from the SampleCFG to the corresponding section inside the ini file, and do the same for the STAR locations.

INI_zpsa75d416a.jpg

Hope I made myself clear.

Yes understood!! thanks for explaining once again.

spacer.png

Yes understood!! thanks for explaining once again.

No problem  :Big Grin:

hello,
thank you for your program, but I have a problem with  update airports database.
I have create the file with runways.xml makerunways but when I use the program airports.ldb file is created but remains a 0 kb. and airports.dat file is not updated.
thank you for your help.
ps: sorry for my bad English.
gerald

hello,

thank you for your program, but I have a problem with  update airports database.

I have create the file with runways.xml makerunways but when I use the program airports.ldb file is created but remains a 0 kb. and airports.dat file is not updated.

thank you for your help.

ps: sorry for my bad English.

gerald

Hello Gerald

First and most important, the aiports.dat file is the one that comes with AIController and it is used by AiConv to do the conversion process. This file it is not updated by the Update Airport process and shouldn't be touched.

The file that gets updated is the airports.xdb and it is an access database file.

The program already comes with the info for about 45000 airport of around the world, almost twice the amount that are modeled in FSX (24000).

The update database process is there mostly to get the info between FSX and the software to match, so if you select an airport in FSX, you check the country and state there and is the same in the software at the moment that creates the folders structure.

The file airports.ldb is a temporary file that the access database engine use. You don't have to worry about it since it will disappear after you close the program.

The only way to know if the DB was updated is to first run the conversion process without updating the DB, and then running it again with the output being a different folder but this time updating the DB, and comparing both folder structures. Even doing this you might not notice it, because the airports that were updated could have the same info in FSX and in the converter.

Hope it is clear enough.  B)  :rolleyes:

good evening,
thank you for your quick response.
Now it is much clearer.
thank you for your program