Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

About Active Sky next visibility setting

Hello there and thank you to Airline2sim for your great videos!

I really like how you are keeping the video simple, practice oriented and love those "Real pilot flying tips"!

Moreover, the graphics quality is impressive. In fact, I have been asked a few times by some people not knowing flight simming if the video I was watching was really a simulator^^

Please allow me to ask a question about your graphics settings :  What are your visibility setting in Active Sky Next for Upper and ground visibility?

Thanks and keep up the good work for the next "First Officer" course!

Best regards,

Pierre

Hello Pierre - thank you!

We used Active Sky 2012 for the Cadet videos as the base training and line flying footage was shot in August 2013 and at the time ASN was not released. We were also using the previous version of REX, which has now been superseded by REX Direct. My PC is back at the factory having the over-clock reset at the moment but I'll have a look at how we've set up ASN when it returns later this week. 

I would also point out that there is a fair amount of post production processing used on the release films so they do not look like vanilla FSX. We used certain filters which add an ENB style colour palette to the sky and clouds. We were also lucky on the day that we had a fair number of clouds around and the sunset coming out of Guernsey was caught in its glory!

Cheers

Ben 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com