Sign in to follow this  
callum112233

Airbus questions.

Hi.

Coming back to flight sim after about a 5 year hiatus. Things have changed a lot.

Anyway, I am looking for what people here think is the best Airbus simulation.

I have used the Wilco Airbus' and they are ok but I am not sure about the fly by wire system and what it is actually supposed to feel like.

What would be the best Airbus for me to buy? (FS9 only please)

Thanks.

Callum.

Well, they kinda disappeared. They promised the most realistic airbus ever, but that was 6 years ago... Anyway, website is still active so I believe you can buy the product. Keep in mind that's a simple version as the announced professional version turned out to be a vaporware.

Thanks. 

I did notice they promised an 'advanced version'.

So that is definitely not happening now?

I might just give Airsimmer a miss.

Hi Callum,  I mostly fly the Advanced version, unfortunately I don't think it will be in the public's hands any time soon.  I made the video below as a tech support demonstration of how to perform a CATIIIB autoland.  

The video is the basic version, it should be noted that the basic version is pretty much just the advanced version with a few of the FMGS functions stripped down (INIT-B and the ability to go to direct/alternate law)  

The laptop in the video feeds the weight, cg, and performance data into the sim via TOPCAT.  Not entirely necessary,  but as you see the aircraft performs fine if you use the correct calculations.

PSS version and wilco are good options if you also want the A319 & A321 (I spent many happy years flying the PSS version .  The PSS version is a little more indepth than Wilco. 

Rob Prest

I really like the PSS version. There are a few minor oddities in the handling (not worth detailing here) but overall it is a pleasure to fly (you get a319/320/321). Very good CDU/FMS. Lots of liveries out there too. It's available again here:

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/blog/pss-airbus-professional-re-release/

(I adore the PSS Concorde too - it feels really classy to fly, from the sound to the modelleing and handling. But you weren't asking about that!).

Martin

Martin,

Is the PSS version offered by Blackbox the same one offered by Just Flight?. The JF is considerably cheaper at the moment and also offers 35 liveries but I don't think they have the 319. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I would guess it is the same - the PSS Concorde and the JF version are certainly the same plane.

Thanks guys,

I have been wanting to add an airbus to FS9.  Have been using Simmer's Sky airbus but I think the PSS may be just a little better since I have PSS T7.  Looked at the Air Simmer's but nothing really has happened with it for several years not sure what the future is for it.  Someone did mentioned that Flight one carried it so I could try it out for 30days but I could not find it on their website.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I prefer the PSS merged with the Project Airbus models.  The merges are available in the Avsim library.

GD

Yes, I have also merged all my other Airbuses with the PSS cockpit/CDU. Works just fine. You have to remember (if you save flights as flt files) to set up a dummy, working flight, with the PSS Airbus as the selected aircraft, then choose your livery - or start with the default Cessna and then load the Airbus. Otherwise odd things happen in flight. I can explain further if anyone wishes, but I think most will by this stage understand what I mean.