Sign in to follow this  
cagrikartal

watching movie (full screen) during flight in fsx

hi

i was vondering if it is possible to do other stuffs on the pc like watching a movie  during medium-long haul flights in fsx. i tried to search it but nothing usefull.

thanks in advace

Wait... I'm a bit confused by your question. You want to watch a movie during a medium to long flight? For starters, you can't watch a movie via FSX, *BUT*, to exit full-screen mode in FSX, all you have to do is press the key command Alt+Enter. From there, you should be able to see your task bar, in which you could access the internet to watch a move ^_^. Hopefully that answers your question.

Joe.

I found that if I play other game while FSX is running, FSX clock go out of sync with real time, so I guess it has some performance impact.

sorry for confuising,  my question was'' how to do things in full screen other than fsx without having the fsx paused. ?'' for example if i quit the full screen in fsx  and go to youtube to look a video or something, when i click somewhere else other then fsx, the fsx pauses automaticly and i cant click the full screen on the video or movie and have the fsx running on the backround.

i try to do my best in english, i hope i could clarify the confuision :rolleyes:

thanks for your help anyway :smile:

sorry for confuising,  my question was'' how to do things in full screen other than fsx without having the fsx paused. ?'' for example if i quit the full screen in fsx  and go to youtube to look a video or something, when i click somewhere else other then fsx, the fsx pauses automaticly and i cant click the full screen on the video or movie and have the fsx running on the backround.

i try to do my best in english, i hope i could clarify the confuision :rolleyes:

thanks for your help anyway :smile:

FSX pausing when you look at another application, is a preference that you set in the menu.  You can control that through the FSX menu.  I can't remember which, but I think it is "General", or something.

Yes, you can watch a movie, or do other things while on FSX.  There could be some negative performance depending on whether resources that FSX may need at any given time are not available because they are allocated to the "other" things.  Suggest you try it, see how it affects, if in any way, your flight simulator experience, and report back to this forum.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

FSX pausing when you look at another application, is a preference that you set in the menu.  You can control that through the FSX menu.  I can't remember which, but I think it is "General", or something.

thats it ! thank you very much! i worked ;)

Yes, you can watch a movie, or do other things while on FSX.  There could be some negative performance depending on whether resources that FSX may need at any given time are not available because they are allocated to the "other" things.  Suggest you try it, see how it affects, if in any way, your flight simulator experience, and report back to this forum.  

i ll let you now when i ll do my first test flight tomorrow :)

thanks to everyone for your help :smile2:

Ahh, I was exactly going to recommend what +FSXtreme recommended when I read your "revised" question.

PS: Your English seems pretty good ^_^.

Joe.