Sign in to follow this  
kaganarisut

Data Updates for FSX

Hello,

Can anybody inform newbies like me for the data updates of FSX and its addons?

For example , I am using FSX, PMDG, PFPX and Flightsim commander, is latest airac navdata cycle enough for an up to date system? Also I am using FS Global Ultimate, UTX, and FTX Global Base & Vector, should I have to update these product with any online data updates other than their own patches? I am really in confusion about leaving something with old data.

thanks in advance.  

Your question is a bit confusing. By "data update," do you mean a general update? To figure that out, you'll have to individually check each product to figure out if an update is needed (via the installer).

Might I also ask what version of FSX you are using? If you're not using Gold Edition/Acceleration, then you'll probably need FSX Service Pack 1 + 2. However, if you do have Gold Edition/Acceleration, then DO NOT DOWNLOAD SP1/2... for they are already included.

Since you said you were a "newbie," I assume you've never heard of the UIAutomationCore (I believe I spelled that right). You can download it and put it in the main FSX directory to prevent the sim from crashing when accessing the Alt menu. Make sure the file is extracted! You can download it via this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

*Recommended - If you don't trust mediafire.com, then use the following link. Make sure you look at the "Alternate Versions" tab (click on it), and from the downloadable files, get either 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your system:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?uiautomationcore

If this answer was not clear, please re-word your question. Thanks ^_^.

Joe.

Hello , thanks for your answer. I didn't mean regular binary patches, service packs etc. I mean Navdatas, airac cycle updates or other data updates which we don't know.

Let me give examples;

- How does fsx know when there is a new airport, or a new runway in an airport, or changing waypoins, vors etc.

- How do pmdg , pfpx , or flightsim commander know when there are several changes in those things above.

- What kind of correlation between fsx and these addons occur if for example we only update databases for only addons or fsx

Shortly, what must I do in order to keep fsx , and its scenery, mesh, terrain , map softwares, and airliners addons up to date for changes in aviation world.

How do professional simmers make their simulators up to date.

thanks in advance.

Hello , thanks for your answer. I didn't mean regular binary patches, service packs etc. I mean Navdatas, airac cycle updates or other data updates which we don't know.

Let me give examples;

- How does fsx know when there is a new airport, or a new runway in an airport, or changing waypoins, vors etc.

- How do pmdg , pfpx , or flightsim commander know when there are several changes in those things above.

- What kind of correlation between fsx and these addons occur if for example we only update databases for only addons or fsx

Shortly, what must I do in order to keep fsx , and its scenery, mesh, terrain , map softwares, and airliners addons up to date for changes in aviation world.

How do professional simmers make their simulators up to date.

thanks in advance.

1. FSX does not knows.

2. You can update them from: http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataDownload.aspx

3. I didn't get your question.

Simply, there is new content for FSX everyday. Go through the Library to download new airports, mesh etc. or buy payware ones.

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The best way to keep (almost) everything in sync is this:

-Use latest AIRAC cycle for your aircraft of choice, and planning software of choice.

-Always download at least AFCAD for any airport you are going to fly to/from. If free/payware scenery available, you can use that as well.

FSX own database is old and you cannot update it (actually there is addon, but it appears to be buggy), so sometimes you will find some enroute navaid is out of sync with real world, but that's not really a problem as long as you have rnav capability. Terminal navaids are provided with airport scenery and usually it's in sync with real world.

How about this... FSX is 8 years old. No, it is not up to date, and apparently... no, it does not know it's out of date, nor can it automatically inform you of updates for it (not that there are any, really). If there is an airport and/or aircraft that you believe is out of date, then visit websites such as (copy & paste links):

- simviation.com

- flyawaysimulation.com

These websites offer lots of free aircraft, scenery, and much more!

Hoped this helped :).

Joe.

PMDG, PFPX and Flightsim commander, is latest airac navdata

Wow. Didnt think it was that difficult of a question. Navagraph:

http://www.navigraph.com/fmsdata.aspx

Aerosoft also offers a Navdata update service:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11686&s_design=default&shopfilter_category=flight%20simulation&s_language=english

Make sure the planner and the planes have the same AIRAC cycles. So when you buy a cycle make sure to download files for each of your addons that use AIRAC navdata. From each vendor you can buy one cycle and download many files during that month. You may find one AIRAC vendor does not cover all your addons, you may need to buy a cycle from two vendors to populate all your addons with their respective datasets. 

When using plans made from add-in data, there will be waypoints in the route that don't show up in the FSX stock GPS, or the map, because they don't exist in the sim scenery. Same goes for airports, and runways, etc. If you built a route between two random AIRAC airports you could be landing in a field, since an AIRAC airport may be more recent than FSX scenery. Of course, you could install an addon to place an airport there for a smoother landing. 

You can get planners that use a subset of data existing in both the AIRAC and the Simulator scenery, for more reliable plans and flights. There are programs that alter the magnetic declination and runway numbers to improve matters in the sim.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com