I currently running FSX on an i5 2500k OC to 4.4 ghz and it is seriously struggling with any FSDreamteam scenery and CS or QW jetliners. I'm looking into upgrading CPU, motherboard and graphics card.

I am considering the following. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P9qpzy

Although I'm not 100% on the GTX 780 6gb. I don't run P3D at the moment but eventually will.

I'm hoping I can used some of the components of my actual main build, like the Seasonic SS-750KM3 PSU, a Fractal Case, a Samsung 830 256gb SSD, Plextor 256 SSD, 27" 2560x1440 Monitor, 1TB WD Caviar black and add some fast memory.

Any suggestions or observations that you guys want to share I'll greatly appreciate.

I currently running FSX on an i5 2500k OC to 4.4 ghz and it is seriously struggling with any FSDreamteam scenery and CS or QW jetliners. I'm looking into upgrading CPU, motherboard and graphics card.

I am considering the following. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P9qpzy

Although I'm not 100% on the GTX 780 6gb. I don't run P3D at the moment but eventually will.

I'm hoping I can used some of the components of my actual main build, like the Seasonic SS-750KM3 PSU, a Fractal Case, a Samsung 830 256gb SSD, Plextor 256 SSD, 27" 2560x1440 Monitor, 1TB WD Caviar black and add some fast memory.

Any suggestions or observations that you guys want to share I'll greatly appreciate.

Looks like a mighty fine upgrade but I would invest in a corsair water cooler for the cpu for sure - they work great

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich. I forgot to mention that I currently use a Corsair H100 with 4 Scythe fans in a push/pull configuration. I'm planning on keeping it for this upgrade.

Recently I jumped from a 2500K to the 4790K and coupled with a GTX 780/3GB it made a world of difference. Not that the 2500K was a sloth! Everything from Windows boot times to FSX/P3D launch times to smoothness and FPS has been enhanced. I imagine it will be an excellent upgrade for you.

Have fun,     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks Rich. I forgot to mention that I currently use a Corsair H100 with 4 Scythe fans in a push/pull configuration. I'm planning on keeping it for this upgrade.

Corsair H100 is awesome - I have one keeps the cpu cool as a cucumber  :wink:

Rich Sennett