Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Airline2Sim Q400 First Officer Training Update + PMDG 777 Cadet Program *UPDATED Dec 15*

Ok guys, here is a VLOG which explains what we've been up to and what our plans are.

In summary:

• We got delayed during a building project
  • Twotter course on hold for now (the pilot we had for this is now on the Q400)
  • A320 Cadet is coming, details TBC.
  • Q400 FO is coming, details TBC
  • PMDG 777 Cadet is coming, taught by a pilot from a large 777 operator in the Gulf.
  • We'll be showing off the Q400 Pro version soon
  • We'll be doing more VLOGS and do some fun stuff.
  • I have a very big face

Enjoy your weekend guys! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the right place to get help with the airline 2 sim q400 training videos. I bought your fabulous product and have downloaded most of the parts from 1 till 10. I am however unable to download part 3 - when I click download it takes me to the video and starts playing. Do you know what I am doing wrong? Regards and best wishes Dave

Hi guys

I am not sure if this is the right place to get help with the airline 2 sim q400 training videos. I bought your fabulous product and have downloaded most of the parts from 1 till 10. I am however unable to download part 3 - when I click download it takes me to the video and starts playing. Do you know what I am doing wrong? Regards and best wishes Dave

Hi Dave thanks for the kind words. We are having an issue with the download link for part 3 at this time. You can however right click on the streaming video (on chrome at least) and hit 'save as' which will give you a saved file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Morning all, big update alert. Yesterday we reached a milestone of 9000 Facebook likes. Today I reach a milestone of 40 years on the planet. Yikes! And yes, the cake (already eaten) was lovely. So, nothing reminds you of your time on this rock fast running out than getting halfway through it and it's time for an update.

The Q400 First Officer course is about 65% done. All the filming is complete so now it's just edits, animations and chopping out all the bits where I screwed up and our real Q400 pilot Josh did that face you see in the internet meme of Captain Picard. There's a lot in this - I mean A LOT. We're covering emergency procedures out of the bleak but wonderfully scenic Sumburgh airport in Scotland from a high speed rejected takeoff, an engine fire and evacuation to an engine fail at v1 and single engine climb out and return to base, all done by the book exactly as Josh himself was taught to do it. For a small island airport that looks simple, you'll see how many traps await the unwary. You'll find it a lot of fun to replicate at home and try not to kill yourself.

We also then get out on the line once more with a set of challenging approaches - an empty positioning flight from Gatwick with a Dash that is off the runway barely beyond the piano keys to a VOR approach into Southampton's narrow and short runway. Then onto the world's shortest Q400 flight from Jersey to Guernsey where we learn how to shoot an RNAV approach to a 1300m runway before returning back to Jersey with an inoperative FMS (no FMS - WHAT??) forcing us to shoot the raw data full procedural NDB approach, just like you'd have done in your Vickers Viscount in the 60s. We're then off to the Alps to thread our way through the valleys for the challenging circle to land at Chambrey - the 'Innsbruck' of France. Returning back to the UK we go back to where it all began at the Isle of Man for a hop from the shortest runway yet (1255m) across to Liverpool where a 100 ft cloud base gives us the opportunity to attempt a CATII ILS. In typical Airline2Sim style, not all goes to plan and just as a real crew does, you'll see us making decisions and planning around issues as they happen.

We'll introduce you to THREATS, NITS, CRM and show you some of those little buttons hidden away on the flight deck that we haven't covered yet, along with a video showing you how to de-ice your snowy Q400 and set it up for an icing on takeoff and landing.

All this once again in pixel perfect HD, English and (hopefully German) subtitles and yours to download and keep forever to go back to whenever you need. The price - well, if you bought our Cadet training program - cheaper than last time for even MORE content.

When? In time for Santa arriving. We hope. But aren't promising.

Have a great Monday all.

Right, where's that cake ?

Happy 40th birthday, Ben! I am less than two years away from my 50th!! :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png