Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

Question regarding addon airports and ADE

Simple question.

I have an addon airport for KMCO within my Addon Scenery folder, it is active and at the top of the list.

I updated the database in Plan-G and FSCommander

The airport does appear to be overwriting the stock one as expected.

Problem is FSX does not see some gates, for example Gate 21 medium.  FSCommander, Plan-G, and even Airport Designer all show Gate 21 even though FSX doesnt.

Now the strange part is when I open stock airport in Airport Design Editor, it uses: C:\FSX\Scenery\0302\scenery\APX26210.bgl so why does it see Gate 21 and not FSX?

Also I thought that when you place an airport in Addon Scenery, it was supposed to override/replace what FSX uses.  So why is FSX using APX26210.bgl instead of what is in the addon folder?

I am confused lol

I should point out that the KMCO addon is freeware: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/8512/fsx-orlando-international-airport-scenery-v20/

Try something for me...

Move the two files located in the KMCO2.0/Scenery into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Delete the KMCO2.0 folder from your FSX scenery library and from the Addon Scenery folder.

Also, sometimes these ADE files don't have the most up to date version, as airports are constantly changing.

Are you totally certain you don't have any other KMCO files installed? 

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Maybe you need to scan your software for duplicate airports. THIS from Scruffy Duck software should help.

People sometimes forget that programs like My Traffic and Ultimate Terrain add airports which you won't find in the Addon Scenery folder.

Are you totally certain you don't have any other KMCO files installed? 

Yep

Maybe you need to scan your software for duplicate airports. THIS from Scruffy Duck software should help.

I can try that

People sometimes forget that programs like My Traffic and Ultimate Terrain add airports which you won't find in the Addon Scenery folder.

Don't think that is my problem (have neither of those or any scenery in the same area).  But lets assume I was wrong and I did,  isn't the scenery in the Addon Scenery folder supposed to take priority over any default scenery assuming it is at the top of the list within FSX scenery configuration?

BTW, I should point out that I have WorldINT.zip and FSXP3D_WorldNavaids.zip installed from:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

Try something for me...

Move the two files located in the KMCO2.0/Scenery into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. Delete the KMCO2.0 folder from your FSX scenery library and from the Addon Scenery folder.

Just gave that a shot, Gate 21 still missing :(

Note: There is nothing special about this gate, I am just curious why FSX does not see the same airport data as all of my flight planners and even the Airport Editor.

No duplicates of KMCO found... Hmmm, shouldn't it have found two (stock one plus addon scenery one)?

Looking at the KMCO file you referenced there doesn't seem to be any "Gate" 21; only Cargo Parking 21. So that would seem to be why FSX doesn't recognize Gate 21.

Not sure why Plan-G is seeing Gate 21 but it would certainly seem that it is falling back to the Default file for the original Gate 21. It may have something to do with the way Plan-G was updated.

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hmmm, shouldn't it have found two (stock one plus addon scenery one)?

Simple Airport Scanner does not read stock airports.

Looking at the KMCO file you referenced there doesn't seem to be any "Gate" 21; only Cargo Parking 21. So that would seem to be why FSX doesn't recognize Gate 21.

Not sure why Plan-G is seeing Gate 21 but it would certainly seem that it is falling back to the Default file for the original Gate 21. It may have something to do with the way Plan-G was updated.

FSCommander 9.2 also sees it as a gate as well as the Airport editor (shows up as a green circle with a vector to the taxi way). 

Simple Airport Scanner does not read stock airports.

Makes sense, but it also proves that I have no KMCO duplicates :)   In Plan-G, FSCommander, and the Airport Editor gates 20,21,22,23 are in a row.  In FSX it has 20,22, and 23.

FSCommander 9.2 also sees it as a gate as well as the Airport editor (shows up as a green circle with a vector to the taxi way).

Yes. There is a Gate 21 in the default file. The file you referenced for KMCO has no Gate 21.

I don't think I know what "Airprt Editor" you are referring to; but, I am opening the BGL files in Airport Design Editor (ADEX 1.61 Professional).

Jesse Cochran

Did you tell Plan-G where to find your scenery.cfg before building its database? (Normally in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX). If you don't give it the right path Plan-G will only find the stock airport data.

Barry Friedman

Yes. There is a Gate 21 in the default file. The file you referenced for KMCO has no Gate 21.

I don't think I know what "Airprt Editor" you are referring to; but, I am opening the BGL files in Airport Design Editor (ADEX 1.61 Professional).

That is the same airport editor I used.  So since there is a Gate 21 in the default scenery, why doesn't FSX find it even when I remove KMCO2.0?

That is what's confusing me.

Did you tell Plan-G where to find your scenery.cfg before building its database? (Normally in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX). If you don't give it the right path Plan-G will only find the stock airport data.

Yep, that is the same path I am using.

So since there is a Gate 21 in the default scenery, why doesn't FSX find it even when I remove KMCO2.0?

I don't think you had mentioned this before or perhaps I misunderstood. Do you mean that you actually uninstalled KMCO 2.0 and removed the KMCO 2.0 BGL files  from any FSX folders?

Jesse Cochran

I removed it and placed the 2 bgl files into addon scenery\scenery but the results were the same as keeping KMCO2.0 directory.