Sign in to follow this  
Wan Zamir Zakwan

Elevator raise a little - Saitek X52

Hello I have this problem that my PMDG 777 elevator raise a little when my joystick is plugged in but when back to normal at 0 after my I disconnect my joystick. Is there any solution?

Untitled_zpsae2f0629.jpg

Joystick plugged in

2014-7-15_14-6-23-583_zps72710fec.png

2014-7-15_14-7-51-934_zps5a4c2581.png

After my joystick is plugged out

2014-7-15_14-6-32-483_zps25844bf1.png

2014-7-15_14-7-57-711_zpsc218da68.png

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried reducing both Elevator and Aileron sensitivity ?

Also, your null zone seems very large.

Have you re-calibrated the X52 in Windows, and are there raw data spikes when the stick is static ?

Additionally, try an alternate USB port for the X52, and check that FSUIPC isn't interfering - you should run all input

controllers direct to FSX with the 777 (from what I remember PMDG stating, and from experience).

Have you tried calibrating your joystick?

I had the same issue. I calibrated the stick, also with the windows drivers the MFD did not light up until I installed the Saitek drivers.

I have found out that my Joystick Y axes has problem that keep jumping from one value to another,already installed the latest driver and software and still the same.It is my joystick itself the problem because my joystick is quite Old and dusty and the spring is rusted or the hardware?

I have found out that my Joystick Y axes has problem that keep jumping from one value to another,already installed the latest driver and software and still the same.It is my joystick itself the problem because my joystick is quite Old and dusty and the spring is rusted or the hardware?

If the little cross in the Windows joystick calibration window is dancing up and down significantly, this may be indicative of spiking

and could be your problem. However, your null zone (...quite large) should eliminate this.

The simplest way to establish if it's a hardware fault is to try a different joystick or yoke and compare results.

If the little cross in the Windows joystick calibration window is dancing up and down significantly, this may be indicative of spiking

and could be your problem. However, your null zone (...quite large) should eliminate this.

The simplest way to establish if it's a hardware fault is to try a different joystick or yoke and compare results.

The null zone is default settings,what is a null zone actually ? I will try changing this joystick to another

The null zone is default settings,what is a null zone actually ? I will try changing this joystick to another

Null Zone - Check your first screenshot; the sliders on the upper right.

They denote the zone where FSX ignores any movement of the joystick.

A large null zone therefore requires significant joystick input before there's any flight control movement within the sim.