Sign in to follow this  
rdb

10.30 b7 is here

Bug fixes in beta 7:

• Fixed floating car in office building in airport lib.
  • F-4 canopy does not block clouds in HDR mode.
  • Pilots added to F-4, Kingair and Baron.
  • Fix airplane change from IOS station.
  • Fixed errors when auto-updating.  Note that this fix will work when you update beta 7 to beta 8.
  • Direct-To on the new GPS remembers the active point in the current flight plan. This allows you to re-center the CDI with just two clicks: -D->, ENT.
  • Fixed GPS turn count-down.
  • Fixed a confusing display on the new GPS direct-to page leading users to believe they cannot select the NRST airport field.
  • Fixes to French translation.
  • Fixes to METAR parser for thunder storms.
  • Fixed trim reset.
  • Fixed rain in sunny areas.
  • Fixed METAR parsing with variable direction winds.
  • Cylinderical projection uses curved interpolation between grid points.
  • Cylindrical projection grid can use arrow keys to tune the grid.

Regards,

Radek

Very nice! Thanks for letting us now. Seems like the updates are coming quickly. Here's hoping to a final build of 10.30 soon! :)

But what still bothers me is how the sun shows on top of mountains sometimes when it should be behind, and also the moon being so pixelated. And they need to tone down the light reflection on the water, it shouldn't reflect light from such a far distance.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Dont understand why, but after updating to beta 7 I have lost well over half my frame rate and all is unflyable now. Settings and weather and aircraft make no difference, its still more than half my frames lost.

*EDIT* OK...now I see that the real issue is with the Carenado B200. If you start the sim with the B200 it tanks my frames completely...even if I switch to another plane (or reload the plane as well) in the same session...doesnt help. The only way around is to start the sim with a plane other than the Carenado B200, and then once the sim loads I think its ok to switch back to it.

Does anyone else get terrible performance hits when entering a flight plan in the new gn430? I sometimes trundle along at 35-40 fps around the alps and as soon as activate a landing procedure or any sort of plan into the sat nav it goes down by 10-15 frames, sometimes hovering around 19fps. Really odd and doesn't seem to be beta number specific, it's been the same throughout. Should the new kit have ANY performance hit?

Heavy performance loss here as well :( Injecting weather from EFASS puts my XP to 1-2FPS (usually at 50FPS with b6)

I have stopped using EFASS withe the beta run... too many issues. real weather in x-plane built in is working good, and FPS have increased a lot using beta 7, 

I have stopped using EFASS withe the beta run... too many issues. real weather in x-plane built in is working good, and FPS have increased a lot using beta 7, 

This is really interesting. We have the same GPUs and so different results... btw i run EFASS on a MultiPC mode and don't experience any problems at all.

How do I run it on multi PC? I have wide xpuipc setup and am using plan G.

Is it hard?

I have some fps loss as well with this beta but minimal to moderate.

Alexander Colka

Still getting a rock solid 30 fps with the same settings in place.  I have noticed no FPS hit going to .b7

How do I run it on multi PC? I have wide xpuipc setup and am using plan G.

Is it hard?

No, not at all. I believe it's all described in the manual. Run XP 1st. Then You need to run EFASS server on X-plane PC and 3rd, run EFASS (normal) on the remote PC. Choose MultiPC option in EFASS (remote PC) and restart it. It should hook up right away. Also, make sure you have set the correct IPs on both EFASS Server (on XP PC), and EFASS/options/XPSM/IP (on remote PC and that's the one responsible for UltraWX). Good luck.

Well they mentioned using the new GPS.... those with good fps - have you used that yet?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can confirm no FPS hit.  Just flew the same pattern at the same airport, same plane, same weather (real world off, preset "few") and got exactly the same frame rates from b6 and b7, even the dips were the same.  This plane I used does have the new GPS running, but I never hit the popup or put a flight plan in it.  Though I read elsewhere that the GPS has been an issue throughout the beta so maybe it's that.  

Joseph Catino

Well I get around 25% higher framerates in the flight factor 757 than I do in the default kingair whilst using the new GPS which seems a bit off. Overall I'm getting slightly more consistent fps in b7 though

Edit - yes this is with a flight plan entered in to the new GPS and activated, seems to really hammer performance (I guess CPU?)