Sign in to follow this  
rdb

10.30 b7 is here

Rain in sunny areas is in fact NOT fixed.  Sitting on the ground with "real world weather" and precip reading 0 I get rain effects on the windscreen with every aircraft I have that has rain effects.   Bug report filed.

Joseph Catino

Rain in sunny areas is in fact NOT fixed.  Sitting on the ground with "real world weather" and precip reading 0 I get rain effects on the windscreen with every aircraft I have that has rain effects.   Bug report filed.

File a bug !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Of course I filed a bug.  I'm willing to bet it's going to have to be something that devs adjust.

Joseph Catino

Of course I filed a bug.  I'm willing to bet it's going to have to be something that devs adjust.

Just because the rain effects are appearing on the windscreen does not mean that the bug is not fixed.  It could be a problem with the aircraft design itself.  Out of curiosity, do you own the Saab and, if so, have you tested it?  

I don't own the saab.  I tried with with the JAR 320, FF757, and X-Aviation T34c.  I'm going to assume it'll be something devs have to address on their end but if there is zero precip what with the plane would cause the rain effects to show up regardless?  I know nothing about the creation of an addon plane this is all speculation to me, but if precip=0 then rain effects=0.

Joseph Catino

I don't own the saab.  I tried with with the JAR 320, FF757, and X-Aviation T34c.  I'm going to assume it'll be something devs have to address on their end but if there is zero precip what with the plane would cause the rain effects to show up regardless?  I know nothing about the creation of an addon plane this is all speculation to me, but if precip=0 then rain effects=0.

You are mostly correct.  Yes, the individual developers will need to make sure they have correctly designed their rain effects. And yes, for the most part precip=0, rain effects=0, it's just a matter of doing it the right way.  The key is knowing when precip=0 :)

Well that's the key.  I know the data output listed precip as 0.  I submitted with the bug report the rain effects on the windscreen with the readout stating 0 for precip.

Joseph Catino

Well that's the key.  I know the data output listed precip as 0.  I submitted with the bug report the rain effects on the windscreen with the readout stating 0 for precip.

There's more to it than that.  My guess is that Laminar has fixed the bug.  I'm sure the data out numbers are accurate.  To get rain effects you have to use the correct information.

No, not at all. I believe it's all described in the manual. Run XP 1st. Then You need to run EFASS server on X-plane PC and 3rd, run EFASS (normal) on the remote PC. Choose MultiPC option in EFASS (remote PC) and restart it. It should hook up right away. Also, make sure you have set the correct IPs on both EFASS Server (on XP PC), and EFASS/options/XPSM/IP (on remote PC and that's the one responsible for UltraWX). Good luck.

thanks, it now works with NO FPS loss, on my second pc over multi PC. great!

I have noticed 5-10 fps better with this release. The scenery seem to be a little more stable, no un explained sudden fps drops I had been getting in the previous two beta's

Yep me too. Not really any increase in headline fps figures, but it doesn't randomly half after an hour or so either, which is nice. Still the new GPS can punish things though, but even that doesn't seem quite as bad

Still the same screwey weather engine where I'm flying thru clear skies with light clouds below and I have rain.  Go into weather and the precip slider is a couple notches over but still reads "none" even setting weather manually and moving the slider all the way to NO precip still produces rain, this crap has been going on since the first beta.  Their METAR parsing "improvements" are simply nothing of the sort and haven't been right since 10.25.  I think this small crew bit off more than they can chew with this beta, I mean they have already backpedaled hinting at pushing the fog and visibility fixes back to another beta.  

Joseph Catino