Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Vox AI traffic

When you run AI traffic through FSX, the frame rates drop because not only does it add graphic textures, it also has to process the movement. As VoxATC controls the traffic, does this help on the frame rates with it being an outside program.

Also does VoxATC send the traffic via SIDS and STARS or does it vector them straight in.

I use Vox with UT2 planes and find that I do get a performance hit with the AI traffic - even choosing other core options.  They don't follow any SIDs or STARS as far as I can tell.  I wanted to see how they made the offset approach at PAJN - they didn't - just flew right through the elevated terrain located near the end of the runway.

Surprised that Vox does not send AI via SIDS and STARS as it has all the information.

Been looking at AISIDSTAR which gives AI traffic the ability to fly SIDS and STARS and was wondering if this was a better option the using VoxATC traffic, don't think it will work with VOX as it is for FSX traffic. I use WOAI for traffic and hate the fact that VoxATC does not have the schedule times. I know that using FSX will stop Vox controlling the taxi but I can live with that.