Sign in to follow this  
Vipermat

737 doesn't update AIRAC's

I recently got a new laptop running W8.1 OS, after install FS9 and some add-ons, including B737NG and last AIRAC I get (1309 -yes, I know, a litlte bit old-) B73X was loaded, FMC was open to introduce the flight and I became shocked  when no SID nor STARS were depicted in FMC screen, even the departure rwy for Malaga (LEMG) had the old designator (14) instead of new one (13), updated three years ago. Checking FMC features I realized it shows the default AIRAC (0313) not recent AIRAC loaded (1309)

I tried installing and reinstalling different airac's cycles but nothing new happen, still 0313 was on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vicente P Mateu  

(sorry about my poor english)

Perhaps it is a permission issue, win8.1 not allowing the installer to update the airac.

Peter Schluter

Yep, I change the default address to the FS9 in the laptop, and "\\Flight Simulator 9\PMDG\NavData\" contains the right airac cycle files.

I remember airac installer ask in first box what flight simulator do you want to updated (fs9 or fsx) but in this case that box doesn't depict the two options to select and goes directly to second one where I browse the address for FS9.

I'll check when I get home but I don't think that path is correct. I think it should be "\\Flight Simulator 9\FMCWP\" and "\\Flight Simulator 9\PMDG\SIDSTARS\". The second one is for just the terminal procedures, SIDs, STARs, and APs. The first is for waypoints, navaids, airports, and airways.

Dave

Dave Paige

Hi again;

You're riight and there is two differents folder where "navdata" are: First one FMCWP/NAVDATA including six files with old information and the second one PMDG/NavData with exactly the same six files plus "cycle_info". These get the right updated date.

I've copy updated files and paste in FMCWP/NAVDATA rewriting old files and I hope this works. Standby....

Well, seems this procedure works fine and now updated FMC data are shown.

Many thankss Dave and Peter for your help. Anyway I hope next airac update works better than now and change both folders at same time.

Regards and thanks again

Vicente P Mateu