Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Few reasons to run and buy the DreamFleet A36

After 3 hours flying the A36:1) impressive external model with awesome details and fantastic aircraft reflections2) the best lighting I've never seen (external and internal)3) total immersion in the flight: you are IN the aircraft4) bright, sharp, beautiful gauges with fantastic buttons and avionic sounds and excellent 2D panels5) superb side views, you feel the smell of the leather6) excellent 3D panel and cabin, with all the eyes candies that make the DF planes so real and fun7) the best sounds so far for a GA airplane, really impressive8) you feel the yoke and pedals and use the trims like in the real stuff, with a great sensitivity and precision. The programmer of the flight dynamic is not from this world, he just arrived from Pluto only to show us his talent. I've heard that he has 3 hands and 2 brains...9) and.....the clickspots!!!! and the zoom gauges!! and the landing view!!! and all those nice things that add so much to the pleasure of flying the A36. Every thing is very easy to find, to display, to hide, to zoom. That's DF's "griffe", that's what you get when generous Epicurians make airplanes!! , every thing is nice, easy, funny (in the ATR, our crazy Lou gave us clean and fully operative WC for long flights... Now he gives us reading lights for romantic Night in Tunisia...This guy will never stop) 10) the avionic is sublim. Peronnaly I like the old way of flying with maps and calculator, I am not crazy on GPSs and FMCs except on big machines. It's a good opportunity to learn using the Garmin, perfectly well integrated in the cockpit.And of course the nice interface for easy and "live" configuration and...the price!Thanks DF team because you raise the bar, as usual, your product is a pure pleasure and you don't raise the price.You are really fantastic people :-)David in Jerusalem

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

"The programmer of the flight dynamic is not from this world, he just arrived from Pluto only to show us his talent. I've heard that he has 3 hands and 2 brains..."That's one of the funniest and refreshing ways of describing talent that I've ever seen :) You just better hope he doesn't come from the side of Pluto where they have 2 hands and 3 brains. Those guys are always at odds with the 3/2 crowd, and won't sit in the same room together without arguing over who's going to win the Comet Bowl...-John

lol:-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest B1900 Mech

How are the gauge refresh rates, and the overall frame rates?

Guest av84fun

See the other A36 thread but for me, the guages are as smooth as any I have seen in both 2D and 3D but your rig needs to be pretty "buff" to run the VC...although one poster said he was satisfied with results on a 1.7 rig.But then again, some people are easier to please than others so grains of salt need to be taken.But fps aside, the is an AWESOME machine. Flies great and has some truly innovative features.If FPS are an issue, just buy it anyway and fly it in less dense areas until you upgrade your rig. This machine is just TOO cool not to own.Best,Jim

>"The programmer of the flight dynamic is not from this world,>he just arrived from Pluto only to show us his talent. I've>heard that he has 3 hands and 2 brains...">>That's one of the funniest and refreshing ways of describing>talent that I've ever seen :) You just better hope he doesn't>come from the side of Pluto where they have 2 hands and 3>brains. Those guys are always at odds with the 3/2 crowd, and>won't sit in the same room together without arguing over who's>going to win the Comet Bowl...>>-JohnHehehehe,as I know Alexander personally I can confirm that he has 2 hands and one brain ... a pretty normal guy :) (OK - besides the fact that he

:-))))Please Martin, send him my warmest complimentsbest wishesDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

He has a homepage:http://homepage.iprolink.ch/metzger/Worth checking out because he has done some replacement flight dynamics for some of the default planes like the Cub.He also did the flight model for the Aerosoft Katana so check that out for a slower, simplier GA aircraft than the Bonanza.I only had time for a very brief flight yesterday. Flew out of KTOA and circled the docks and city for a while, then landed. Take off and climb out was the most dificult actually as the rudder was quite sensetive. The trim is not as "twitchy" as some other aircraft so it took a while to realize I was trying to climb out at about 145 kts at less than 500 FPM because I'm used to just "clicking" the trim up button a couple of times.Landing was great. I could feel the weight of the plane (I just came from flying the C172 and other smaller planes) so I kept a bit of throttle on for a very smooth and steady descent. Then a voice burst out of the speakers "Gear down for landing", nice touch :D Is this an automatic voice in the real Bonanza or is it meant to simulate a co-pilot?I flared and touched down extremely smoothly (with a little float) RIGHT on the centerline the first time. Don't know why but this one seems very easy to land compared to many other planes. Just feels so d*mn smooth in the controls.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest aca_dia

I find overall frame rates to be on par with anything else out there of reasonable quality. I have mine locked at 35 and I get a pretty steady 35 in 2D and some dips to the high 20's in VC. Panel refresh rates in both 2D and VC are disappointing to me. They are not slower than average, but I was just keeping my fingers crossed for advancements in that area. As it is they seem no worse or better than the default Baron. Obviously the A36 panels are much nicer than the Baron so I suppose maintaining refresh rates with all that takes some work in it of itself. The instruments are certainly flyable in both 2D and VC, but I find them annoying to the point where I know I wont use the A36 for approach practice.As a real world A36 pilot I do have some questions about the performance numbers. I need to do more testing, but three times now I have been getting very poor climb rates climbing through around 3000 up to 5000-7000. Also I use the autopilot with a preset 600fpm climb rate I have had the AP take me slowly very close to a stall (pitching up to 15+ degrees). All of this below 7000 where the A36 should have no issues even close to max gross weight. I need to test more, but on my last flight I was having trouble maintaining a 400fpm climb at only 4000 feet.The general air file feels pretty good. I have not done all that much maneuvering yet, but so far it seems like solid modeling. Mine does seem to skate around on the ground a bit, but perhaps my rudder pedal settings need adjusting.All in all it

Guest aca_dia

I just ran a few tests on the climb performance and I could not recreate the poor performance I got a few times yesterday. At a cruise climb speed of 110KIAS after departing at sea level (no tip tanks, full wing tanks, pilot with 2 passengers, and 50lbs bags) I was getting a very steady 800FPM through to 7000' running 25" and 2500rpm. That is pretty normal performance in near standard conditions. Not sure what was causing the drop earlier..

Guest DreamFleet

The A36's Flight Dynamics are not only based on the "book", but checked via testing by the actual owner of the real 1998 A36 that we modeled. Alex worked closely with her during the development of the A36, and she is very pleased with them. When "Julie" is happy with her plane, we're happy. ;-)Yes, Alex Metzger does some fine work, and you'll be seeing more of it in the future! :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

>As a real world A36 pilot I do have some questions about the>performance numbers. I need to do more testing, but three>times now I have been getting very poor climb rates climbing>through around 3000 up to 5000-7000. Also I use the autopilot>with a preset 600fpm climb rate I have had the AP take me>slowly very close to a stall (pitching up to 15+ degrees). >All of this below 7000 where the A36 should have no issues>even close to max gross weight. I need to test more, but on>my last flight I was having trouble maintaining a 400fpm climb>at only 4000 feet.>Are you keeping in mind, how MSFS deals with leaning proceedure? It starts to take effect around 4000' desnity altitude, and becomes downright critical at the 6000' mark. It's the design of the sim, but has to be taken into account.L.Adamson

Guest aca_dia

Yep I was leaning above 3000. I have not been able to recreate the issue today.

Well after another couple of flights I conclude that this will be my default aircraft for a long time to come :) I *love* it :DExpect some screenshots later today or tomorrow.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP