Sign in to follow this  
barryoo

Need Help with RAAS approach

Using GA twins with RAAS. I have not ventured beyond the PMDG J41 and have yet to manage an approach with RAAS voice responses and would guess my problem is related to flying without a Flight plan that includes a STAR. I don't find SID and STAR in FSX flight plan procedure so my plans do not include them. I often fly using Reality XP and program an approach there but RAAS does not properly respond; may be I am just setting it up incorrectly or bypassing a STAR to intersect an intermediate waypoint that does not provide a location key that can be used by RAAS. I run Pete Dawson's runway.exe so it's not a problem with the program missing airport updates.

I would much appreciate some help from those of you that are satisfied with the program. For me, FSCrew does not provide enough instruction on basic flight use and what is required for pre-flight to allow everything to work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Are you maybe confusing RAAS with FS2Crew's airline crew simulations?

You don't interact with RAAS... all RAAS does is announce the name of the runway you are approaching, lining up on, etc.

RAAS does not require any active interaction.