Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or Im not going

Will we be able to use the EFB?

My EFB is called an iPad

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yeah I use my iPad for an EFB. I appreciate not everyone has one, but you can get cheap tablets that would do the job very well.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

According to the developers they're cancelling the 777 project because they're missing data they say they need to complete it with.

They also aren't sure if they can continue paying the server costs.

Isn't looking good for this EFB project.

Well, part of the reason is that their first project which was for the q400 was completely free. They should've at least charged 5 dollars.

According to the developers they're cancelling the 777 project because they're missing data they say they need to complete it with.

Thanks for the update...

Isn't that run by one of the guys on the team?

Kyle Rodgers

well that would be too bad if they disappear just because of hosting. I might be able to help on the server cost side so I've contacted them

I meant the CS 777. Saying its a picture viewer may be true to some extend but it is better than nothing and I have found it useful thus far. If we have to view charts on the EFB then no matter who develops it, it will always be a "picture viewer"   Remember, FSX isn't real life and it would be impossible to fully simulate an EFB with ALL the accuracies of the real thing.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I just read a post on ADX stating that A2S have purchased aurasim! Great news. They said that the Q400's performance tool will be available for a cheap price. And the development of the 777's efb will continue! :)

I have a nice app on my iPad for the EFB. It even connects to FSX to have positioning for moving map, winds aloft and many other features. It leaves FSX to do what it's supposed to do and it even allows adding PDF files like the FCOM, QRH and other documents. If you don't have an iPad but another PC like a laptop or similar, there's also other EFB programs (like Aivlasoft) or even FS Commander that can work as an EFB(ish) device. 

Don't load FSX even more. It's already so hard to squeeze juice out of it.