Sign in to follow this  
midnitecwby1976

When loading saved flight no inilization count down and all displays black and no control of pmdg 777

I thought I would come here before putting in a ticket to pmdg. I can load a new flight, fly and save just fine. But when I load a saved flight there is no countdown and all panels are black with zero control of the aircraft. The did a Complete reinstall of fsx just a few days ago. The only add-ons I have now are the pmdg 777, pmdg 747 (all varietys), asn and gsx. Also that ******* tweaking tool. Any help I would be beyond grateful. PS these problems started before I did the complete reinstall.

Hi there,

First of you have to sign your name,it is necessary you do so on the PMDG  forums.

So what you are saying is when you load the aircraft there is no initialization? There might have been a problem when you loaded the saved flight,did you try loading it normally?

also run FSX as administrator(right click on the icon----->and click on run as administrator) also if you are running FSX on windows 8,install fsx into its own folder,such as C:FSX.(even if you are running on W7)

and what am i to understand by*****tweaking tool,please dont use such language and give us a little more detail,.

Also am I to understand that the problems had gone after reinstalling FSX?,if this is the case..enjoy.

If the problem persists,try completely rmoving the PMDG aircraft(which is giving you the trouble) and reinstall,there might be a conflict beteen the PMDG 744 AND THE PMDG 777,I had such a problem I remember.So uninstal the 744.

If these steps dont work,please submit a ticket at PMDG.

Hope this helps,

warm regards

H.Mahesh

I thought I would come here before putting in a ticket to pmdg. I can load a new flight, fly and save just fine. But when I load a saved flight there is no countdown and all panels are black with zero control of the aircraft. The did a Complete reinstall of fsx just a few days ago. The only add-ons I have now are the pmdg 777, pmdg 747 (all varietys), asn and gsx. Also that ******* tweaking tool. Any help I would be beyond grateful. PS these problems started before I did the complete reinstall.

Hi, midnitecwby1976,

Are you running FSX as administrator?  Not doing so can cause this issue.

Are you loading the flight after you have already loaded a T7?  It's best to load the saved flight from a fresh FSX start, and from the startup screen showing the ultralite/trike/Friday Harbor default flight.

Are you repeatedly using the same startup flight?  A bug can creep into a particular saved flight and cause this or other problems.  If you are using the same saved flight repeatedly, try setting up a new flight.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

My apologies on the no name thing, this is my first post to this forum. My name is Ken.

Hi, Ken,

PMDG requires your full name.  I wouldn't uninstall anything at this point in your situation.  If the other suggestions don't work file a ticket with PMDG before you go to the trouble of uninstalling/reinstalling anything.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike and 777cap,

Thank you for the suggestions as I will try them. Also the tweaking tool I am using is the Bojote's tweaking tool.

Ken

Thank you for the suggestions as I will try them. Also the tweaking tool I am using is the Bojote's tweaking tool.

Bojote's tool shouldn't cause you any problems.  If the above suggestions don't help, go through the introductory manual's installation instructions carefully as well.

Also want to add that you could have a problem in your default startup panel state, so if other things don't fix the problem try a different startup panel state, one that is not derived from your current one.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike and 777cap,

Ken

Mike 777,

I tried to do a complete uninstall of the T7 this morning but it never asked me for the registration key. I am thinking maybe a clean install will do the trick. Also I am running fsx on it own hard drive away from the c:/ drive where win7 is.

Thanks a million, Ken

How do I do a complete uninstall so I can do a clean one.

Ken

Mike and 777cap,

Ken

Mike 777,

I tried to do a complete uninstall of the T7 this morning but it never asked me for the registration key. I am thinking maybe a clean install will do the trick. Also I am running fsx on it own hard drive away from the c:/ drive where win7 is.

Thanks a million, Ken

Ken

Ken, just so you understand, if it is not running as administrator, when you save, the PMDG system captures a snapshot of your panel state, but then can't write it to disk. So when you reload, the system looks for this file and it is not there, and so gives up. Also installing FSX into program files (x86) can also cause issues with writing files \ permissions.

go to control panel---->select uninstall a program---->type PMDG---->select the pmdg 777,and uninstall,while installing just select "complete instal"and you should be good to go.

As I and others have suggested try running FSX as administrator,it maybe the main culprit.

Good luck,

warm regards