Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Will you buy the 300?

Yesssh I will :D

777-3 is just the main 777, most used 777 so....

I hope around 30-35$, 50$ for expansion would be way overpriced :(

I will buy it at some point, like I did with other PMDG Expansions or Products - but not at the moment, maybe around christmas, since there is a new home to be bought :-)

Unless the -300 is SIGNIFICANTLY (i.e. at the very least 50% less) less in price than the base pack -200, then the answer for me is a definite NO and I'll wait for the 747-400 V2.0 to come out instead.

It's likely that it will be less than 50% of the cost. I know that the NGX expansion pack which offered 2 aircraft was slightly more than 1/3 of the price. This expansion offers only one aircraft and so I expect it to be about 1/3 - 1/2. So that leaves me with about $30 to $45. If it's $50... that would be a little much, especially if we've had to wait this long! 

Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate that everybody has there own reason for buying and understand the people that will buy it for realism, not so much the people who will buy it because it is PMDG, but I supposed that's a bit like collecting stamps but with PMDG aircraft.

Now wasn't that better then a "When will it be releases", "When it's ready", "Look at the stickies" argument. 

I was just wondering how many people will buy the 300 and what the main reason was. What extra does the 300 give you that the 200 doesn't? Is it just because it's another PMDG aircraft in your virtual hanger or does it actually provide you with a extra long hauler? Is it because certain real life airlines fly the 300 not the 200 and you don't like the fictional paints.

I don't think I will be buying it as I already have regional flyer, a mid range European holiday destination flyer and with the PMDG 777, something to cross the Atlantic for my Disney holiday. I don't mind the fictional thing as I have already painted my airlines with a fictional paint scheme. I will be buying the 747v2 though when it is released, just because I love the jumbo.  

For me, ofcourse I will buy it.

Infact I would also buy all PMDG 777 variants. The reason is simple I am a huge fan of 777. I think its an amazing aircraft and as an enthusiast virtual flyer there are many real world flights that are using all 777 variants. Including the original 200 and 300 version. Although 200 version is now very very rare to close to none as far as I know.

Bilal Asif Khan

I really like the 200ER best with the Rolls Royce engines.  So if they ever do a 200ER I will most likely get the PMDG 777 in general.

Mitchell Haughee

Honestly, I don't know whether to buy the 300ER, the Coolsky DC-9 or the CS L-1011. I'll probably end up with the 300ER the day of release but I just have the itch for another classic.

I have it from a good source it will cost $3.99 and if you buy 2 you'll get 3 free. Also, the CD version comes as a $2999 package and includes a gold-plated disk, and a 777-200ER model hand signed by RSR with an inscription saying: "It will release when it's ready..", also, RSR will cook you a steak dinner, which will be complimented by Ryan serenading you by playing slow delicate Spanish riffs on his guitar. Carl-Avari Cooper will write you a personal paragraph describing, in every detail, how awesome you are, and you will receive Luke Pabari's home phone number so you can call him 24/7 if you forget how LNAV works. You will also recieve an annual invitation to the PMDG Luau, which involves getting dressed up in a grassy skirt and then sitting in a motion simulator while drinking stuff with umbrellas in it.

Disclaimer: The above is conjecture, and none of it is, in anyway true, to my knowledge.

Aamir Thacker

I have it from a good source it will cost $3.99 and if you buy 2 you'll get 3 free. Also, the CD version comes as a $2999 package and includes a gold-plated disk, and a 777-200ER model hand signed by RSR with an inscription saying: "It will release when it's ready..", also, RSR will cook you a steak dinner, which will be complimented by Ryan serenading you by playing slow delicate Spanish riffs on his guitar. Carl-Avari Cooper will write you a personal paragraph describing, in every detail, how awesome you are, and you will receive Luke Pabari's home phone number so you can call him 24/7 if you forget how LNAV works. You will also recieve an annual invitation to the PMDG Luau, which involves getting dressed up in a grassy skirt and then sitting in a motion simulator while drinking stuff with umbrellas in it.

Disclaimer: The above is conjecture, and none of it is, in anyway true, to my knowledge.

Hahahaha .... would have believed it if it were not for the mentioned disclaimer.....

Bilal Asif Khan

No. Not at this time depending on price.  Mostly because my interest in Flight Simulation has dropped off a lot the last couple months.  May buy when interest comes back and if it costs $40.00 or less. 

I have no intention to purchase the 300. SP1 is all I am waiting for. IMO the 777 base package was expensive enough and I'm not made of money!

i will definitely buy the 773ER, not only because i bought every PMDG FSX Product so far (only exception was the JS41.. )

but because the 773ER is my second most favourite aircraft :) (most favourite is the B747 :) )

regards,

Alexander Marx

I will be buying the -300ER, that is my plan at least. I'll mostly be flying AA with it but I'm sure I'll fly some others too.

And Emirates I hope :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not too sure. Maybe see how things pan out with bugs and service packs. Also moving to P3D and don't want to pay for an FSX version and P3D version.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I did not buy the 737-600 expansion.  But the 777 interests me more.  I'll wait for the reviews.   I am also saving up for the new Dodge Hellcat 707 HP Charger.  It should do 200 mph and clocked a 10.85 1/4 mile.  See link for video.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/07/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-runs-11-2-second-14-mile.html

BTW:  will SP1cause us to re-load the liveries again???

Paul Gugliotta