Sign in to follow this  
Guest briggsj

Private Pilot's License Issued

I took my checkride, met the requirements, and was issued a Private Pilot's License on 02/03/2004 at 2300Z (1800R).It has been a very expensive 7 months but it all came together yesterday.W. Sieffert

Guest daveg4otu

Congratulations. I remember when I got mine - I felt about 10 feet tall.Dave

Guest tgabriel

Congratulations. It is one of the best feelings in the world to know you can go down to the airport and get in a (type checked) plane and just "go for a ride."

Guest ba747heavy

Congratulations :D

Congratulations! Welcome to the world of aviators. We are a very small and tight-knit group, as it takes so much time and effort to get there, not to mention the medical requirements.If you haven't already, a totally unique experience awaits you- taking your first non-pilot passenger up. Up till now the only passenger you've likely had is a CFI, and as you progressed you no doubt thought about throwing him/her out of the plane on more than one occasion. But when that passsenger is totally reliant on you to get them back to the ground, it really sinks in just what an awesome responsibility it is to be in command of an aircraft.Bruce.

Guest tgabriel

How true. My first passenger was my wife. We flew from KBOI to Friedman airport in Sun Valley, Idaho, hitched a ride up to the Sun Valley lodge and had lunch. What a grand trip. And the whole time I was thinking "I am really flying someone who does not know anything about flying this airplane!" What a far out feeling:-jumpy

Hi Terry,Yes, my wife was too. It never occurred to me how that would feel until I took her up days after my successful ride. Now I'm preparing for my first BFR, next weekend. I can't believe it's been 2 years, and in re-studying some of the private knowledge material and practicing some private pilot manouvers, I can't believe how far I've come in just those 2 years. Also preparing to commence my IR practical in a few weeks too. Bruce.

Congrats W. Sieffert! Out of life's accomplishments- not much tops that one.Wife also my first passenger (long time ago).First thing she did was pull out magazine at taxi-never looked up from magazine till landed at destination-I was miffed!Blessing in disguise-thinks nothing about flying-has survived several emergencies-could be worse! Have seen several flying careers blown by unsympathetic wife!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest briggsj

That's awesome, congratulations!!! I currently have 8 hours of flight time under my belt and can't wait until I have my certificate. My wife will definately be my first passenger, hope she can hold her cookies!Jason Briggs