Sign in to follow this  
Nikdunaev

Disruptive passenger problems

Hello!

I have a couple of questions regarding this quite famous problem.

What can happen to a passenger who is continuously disrupting the comfort of other passengers around but does not escalate the conflict to the level of a prosecutable criminal offense or something that would be a safety issue so he could not be easily threatened with diverting the aircraft and calling the police and such things?

For example this guy is talking very loud or abusing people around or prevents the passenger behind from eating his meal with his seat backrest position and continuously refuses to stop doing such things? What to do with those guys?

And what about the opposite situation with a quite aggressive passenger who is fighting or otherwise resisting but is physically too strong for the crew members or other passengers to deal with in such way? For example this guy is aggressive threatening him with police and prosecution does not work as well as attempts deescalate and there is nobody onboard who can force him to calm down until landing? Or should such situation be treated as hijacking?

I am a great aviation fan and I always think of many different kinds of situation that could happen in flight and a disruptive passenger of some sort have always been one of my nightmares about this matter if I can call it this way...

No offence but your questions are kinda odd first you ask about flight papers now about how the crew would react to disruptive pax. Just saying these are kinda odd questions.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The best way to deal with this situation is to descend to 10000 ft. Open the cabin door and boot the offender out. If it happens a couple of times, watch the number of unruly passengers drop dramatically.

NAX669.png

There is no connection between those topics those are just questions about the aviation things I would like to know.

I do not know myself if the next one will be about the flight sim settings or just anything else out there.

I personally prefer to sleep most of the time while sitting in an airplane in flight :)

And please guys I am asking those seriously I can make up lots of funny stories or phrases about airplanes myself :)

Thank you!

Depends where you're flying... Once I was flying with Aer Lingus from Belfast to Malaga and there was this drunk middle aged woman shouting and kicking on seats... And nothing was done about it. And most surprising thing? She was still being served these small mini vodka bottles.

I have received a message in my mailbox telling me that there was another new reply in this thread from a user called Vargveum...

As far as I can see it is not here now?

Off Topic: But may I ask why this topic is at risk of closure?

Off Topic: But may I ask why this topic is at risk of closure?

May or may not be related to:

I have received a message in my mailbox telling me that there was another new reply in this thread from a user called Vargveum...

As far as I can see it is not here now?

Is this topic at a risk of closure?

I believe that guy did actually post that missing message so I will answer him in this post.

Regarding the first of my original questions you can always firmly ask such person to calm down and if that does not help you can call the police at least to make this person leave the premises if that is happening on your property.

But of course if you are in an airplane you can do no such thing for obvious reasons... And if you keep trying to deescalate or solve the situation it may just create a conflict and have the opposite result as you guess...

And regarding the second of the questions of course it is obvious that this person can and will face prosecution no matter if that happened on an airplane or not and of course the pilots will decide to land at a nearest suitable destination but the problem again is that it will take some time anyway. And how to prevent or at least minimize further damage or maybe even injuries during this time?

Thank you!

May or may not be related to:

If that is the case, then it was probably just me using a "bad" word to describe the person causing a disturbance on board the plane :lol:

Scene 1. leave the guy to himself, move pax is possible, make sure the guy doesn't fly again for some time

Scene 2. you do what you can and need to do....... 

I think it comes under the heading "failure to follow the instructions of an aircrew" which is an actionable offense.

Jeff Callender