tf51d

FSX Fiber Accelerator Poll

FSX Fiber Accelerator Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Of those using Fiber Accelerator What best describes your experience

• Started out with Frames locked in FSX, and see performance gain
    • Started out with Frames locked in FSX and see no performance gain
    • Started out with Frames locked in FSX and see loss of performance
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC OFF and and see performance gain
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC OFF and see no performance gain
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC OFF and see loss of performance
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC ON or 1/2 and and see performance gain
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC ON or 1/2 and see no performance gain
    • Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX with VSYNC ON or 1/2 and see loss of performance

This is a poll on performance of the new FSX Fiber accelerator. Specifically I interested, how many seeing performance gains, started out with Frames locked in FSX or set to unlimited. FSX always had a problem with with it's frame lock function. If your performance was close to or lower then your locked value, you would lose about 5 to 6 fps vs set to unlimited. Since the fiber accelerator takes control of the frame lock control dynamically, much orf the time the frames revert to unlimited, which would negate this performance loss. I'm wondering is this the performance gain people are seeing with this utility?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Respectfully speaking, I think more folks really need to read what the tool is designed to do. Because you set the high number frames to 60, doesn't necessarily mean the program will get you there. From reading the explanation of how the tool works, it has other priorities to make your FSX run better. After it has handled those, then, if there is system headroom, it will try to get to 60 FPS.

I think some folks' disappointment stems from not understanding the what the application is attempting to accomplish.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Will have to try it.

Would setting fsx fps @30 and max in this @30 and low at 24 work well?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That depends on so many variables - hardware and software

Try the demo - 5 x 60 minute sessions will give you ample opportunity to try a variety of scenarios.

Make sure you read the manual first though

By the way all poll options ... "Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX" are void.

Application cannot work with unlimited frames set in fsx. :) I wonder how people vote on them . Haha :)

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I think some folks' disappointment stems from not understanding the what the application is attempting to accomplish.

This! Cogently summarized. Just reading the poll's questions confirms this conclusion.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

By the way all poll options ... "Started out with Unlimited Frames in FSX" are void.

Application cannot work with unlimited frames set in fsx. :) I wonder how people vote on them . Haha :)

That's not what I'm asking, I'm asking before using the accelerator (before it was installed), was FSX set to locked or unlimited? I know to use the accelerator frames need to be locked first.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

No offense but I am not sure what the point is of the poll.  Everyone will get different results and should try out the demo for themselves instead of watching youtube or reading a post here.

No offense but I am not sure what the point is of the poll.  Everyone will get different results and should try out the demo for themselves instead of watching youtube or reading a post here.

The point is FSX has had a bug in the frame lock function since day one causing a loss of performance with it on if your performance is below it's threshold vs set to unlimited. For example 

This is with FSX set to unlimited with VSYNC set to 1/2 refresh I get between 24 and 27fps

fsx2014-07-1617-28-15-20_zpsd52de585.jpg

This is FS set to lock frames (30FPS) I get between 18 and 21fps
fsx2014-07-1617-28-57-28_zps06e68152.jpg

So since the accelerator turns the frame lock to unlimited at times, you would gain this performance back when it does. Which would be the same as if you ran unlimited in the first place. This is what I see on my system. When I used the accelerator with frames locked in FSX to 30 and it's frame setting to 23fps (Default on installation) I got similar performance to FSX set unlimited with 1/2 VSYNC but it introduced blurries, I did not have before. If I reduced FSFA FPS the blurries went away but my frames were closer to what I get with frames locked. I don't blame FSFA for this as my system isn't the strongest. I was just wondering if the performance increase others are seeing,which from what I read is about 5 to 7 frames came from users who used the internal frame lock or those who had FSX set to unlimited with or without the 1/2 VSYNC tweak. If it's the former, which though early the current stats in the poll back up, then the FSX bug maybe accounting for at least some of the performance gain.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I seen a performance decrease with FSFA with FSX locked at 30 (which is where I keep it locked all the time, I never use unlimited because of reasons NickN states in his guide).  I get smooth performance and no issues, but my machine is very fast and it is a clean install (built the machine last month).  I have a feeling FSFA is for low end machines, but either way I uninstalled the demo.

I purchased the thing after having tried the demo. I am very impressed how well it gains frames overall.

From almost steady 25 fps at "heavy" airports with the PMDG T7, I now get around 35 fps with Fiber Accelerator.

So in genaral it gives me an extra 10 frames. :BigGrin:

Staffan

BTW, you guys are aware that SHIFT+Z twice to show FPS is not an accurate number, right?  You will get better results using Fraps to display FPS.

Have been using Fraps since the stoneage. B)

Staffan

Tried it at UK2000 Heathrow Extreme with lots of AI and scenery dense.

Av 18-28 fps without

Av 8-12 fps with

FSX Limiter set to 40fps, FF Min 18 fps, Medium 30 fps.

Uninstalled.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg