Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.2

Hi,

Thank you for FSX FA v1.2. In v1.1 I remarked about the bottom graph - CPU Efficiency and why it showed it so high when my PC was effortlessly holding a certain frame rate.

I see with v1.2 the wording has been changed to CPU Efficiency but the colours of the graph suggest 100% efficiency is in the danger area with 0-30% being full green,

Shouldn't the colours be reversed to reflect the label? 0-10 Orange; 10-20% light orange; 20-40% light green; 40-70% mid-green and 70-100 dark green.

That would seem more logical.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

:unsure: Blindness is a programmer's worst enemy. Neither in the team nor the beta testers, noticed that. Thanks for the tip  :mellow:

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Thanks FSPS for v 1.2 - the ability to flick between the lower level minimum and the middle level minimum acceptable fps values gives me never-before enjoyed control, over performance of my simulation - top job!

I'm very happy.  FA must surely be the TOP new performance utility ever.

Phil

So after the INSANE flurry of posts in the previous thread about v1.0 & 1.1, it's basically just the sound of crickets in this new thread.  Where did everyone go? :-/  I'm 80% sure I'm gonna purchase FA 1.2, but wanted to hear about how the update is working.

(Yes, I know I can down load the demo.  I already have.  But nothing beats some honest reviews from people who are using it.)

You find that you will get different responses since it works on some pcs  and not  others, in my case I found a increase between 6  to 10 fps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I honestly can't tell the difference.  I do get a few more frames, but in the last thread (for v1.1) the developers were losing their minds trying to explain that it's more than just a frame booster, and that we need to look at the overall performance -- smoothness, lack of jitters or tearing, etc. I suppose on the few times I could accurately get a pure comparison, it was ok, but I'm not certain.  (I kinda wasted a couple of demo tries figuring out how it works.  Whoops!)

Just curious what people are thinking/saying with the big enhancements that apparently went into v 1.2.

Agree with Pete,

I purchased as I thought I saw an improvement when running the Demo but it was placebo after many attempts with the purchased version.

I run heavy airports AI and airliners and Fibre just made it worse very bad stuttering on the ground, soon a s I went back to the FSX setting without all settled down only lost about two to three frames from 30 now and again. I found that adjusting FFTF works for me in the Cfg file...of course this is personal to me.

With Fibre it always drops to the lowest fps..you now have a choice re the frames An interesting product with merits but very dependent on the sort of flying you do,for me it is shelved.

Thanks

It is all about smoothness. FSPS has managed to feed the hungry FSX-beast in an economical way that was never achieved before. I can highly recommend it. 

About to try the PMDG T7W now and I must honestly say: without FSPS FA my will to do so would have been much smaller, because I now know that there is a way to keep things run smooth...

I'm still in the tried it, not sure if it really is giving me anything useable.

I end up with low frames, smooth flow but frames are so low as to be useless and then the blurries move in badly.

I've parked this software for the time being.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I uninstalled 1.2 and went back to 1.1.  Yes, the blurries get really bad.  The way it works for me is my framerate and smoothness stays high, and scenery gets drawn well if possible.

That works for me.  Most of the time however everything is good, terrain looks good, fps is good.

Please give me a feature in 1.3 that makes it work like 1.1, thanks!

Works great on my system.

I hope if there is going to be a v1.3 that each mode can be set by a different offset.

So from Off at high altitude back to middle at lower altitude and back to lowest on approach.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'm still working with the product. The results  so far are marginal in some situations and worse than with the product in others. It does have potential in heavy load situations when the landing suffers from stutters. I bought it believing that was the main advantage of the program and not keeping a scorecard for fps statistics.

Works great on my system.

I hope if there is going to be a v1.3 that each mode can be set by a different offset.

So from Off at high altitude back to middle at lower altitude and back to lowest on approach.

Hi Gerard, it looks like the weekend website maintenance has temporarily moved folks PC specs....what kind of system are you running?  I suspect my issue is that my i7920 2.7 ghz is my limiting factor....that I just need to get some more computing horsepower.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Gerard, it looks like the weekend website maintenance has temporarily moved folks PC specs....what kind of system are you running? I suspect my issue is that my i7920 2.7 ghz is my limiting factor....that I just need to get some more computing horsepower.

2600k@4.8

8 gb 2133 mhz

2x Titan in SLI

3x 32" at 5920x1080

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Please release this for p3d too. I am suffering major fps loss when approaching to big airports. This program is exactly what I am looking for.