Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.2

I hope if there is going to be a v1.3 that each mode can be set by a different offset.

So from Off at high altitude back to middle at lower altitude and back to lowest on approach.

I think that is what v1.2 is already able to deliver:

lower target at low altitudes, middle target at medium altitudes and FSX target (FA deactivated) at high altitudes. Just push shift+ctrl+F12 and you can cycle from inside FSX between the three modes. With FA option "Show FS Messages" you can see inside FSX (message line) which mode you have switched to.

Very nice features...

Or did you mean to set the three modes "automatically" by defining yourself three different altitudes (AGL) before the flight?

Please release this for p3d too. I am suffering major fps loss when approaching to big airports. This program is exactly what I am looking for.

Yes, that would be cool. But perhaps p3d v2.2/3 is already running on a "different level" than the FSX code?

If I was LM I would try to negotiate an agreement with FSPS to be able/allowed to use this technique. Especially the idea, as it is as genious as the invention of "Aspirin"...

-BREAK-

One more thing I have noticed regarding the power of FSPS FA v.1.2:

I never have been able to run the "Night Lighting" option inside UTX US/EU (Ultimate Terrain X for EU/US) and GEX (Ground Environment X) due to the framehit it gave my PC. Now, with FA, I can use it under the most challenging conditions (PMDG A/Cs, dusk/dawn, heavy WX) without any problems.

Have a nice trip! B)

Edit: one more thing I wanted to mention here:

shortly before FA was launched I was experimenting (again) quite a lot with fiber fractions, bufferpools and CPU affinities; without real success. I switched back my Nvidia driver from "GeForce337.88Driver" to 331.82 which gave me better results though...

Edited by vr-pilot

when i tried the first version i wrote waste of money,therefore avism would not allow me to write again in that post.DID ANYONE SAID FREE SPEECH?

anyway i have now tried version 1.2 and have tottaly change my mind,they have a new buyer now,version, 1.2 really give me what i want,so i recommed the program now to all.

i did not get som much higer fps,but i got a much more smooth fsx in heavy airports,and thats great.

"I think that is what v1.2 is already able to deliver:

lower target at low altitudes, middle target at medium altitudes and FSX target (FA deactivated) at high altitudes. Just push shift+ctrl+F12 and you can cycle from inside FSX between the three modes. With FA option "Show FS Messages" you can see inside FSX (message line) which mode you have switched to.

Very nice features...

Or did you mean to set the three modes "automatically" by defining yourself three different altitudes (AGL) before the flight?"

I mean cycling up from low --> middle --> off

And then cycling back off --> middle --> lowest

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

when i tried the first version i wrote waste of money,therefore avism would not allow me to write again in that post.DID ANYONE SAID FREE SPEECH?

AVSIM's Terms of Use clearly state that there's no such thing as "Free Speech" here.

Freedom Of Speech: AVSIM is not a democracy, and there is no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in our forums. If you believe that you are entitled to that freedom without restriction and that you should be able to do and say as you please, then reconsider... Please do NOT register.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

While v1.1 did not do a thing for my FSX frames rates, I tried the v1.2 again with KJFK (I did not do something right on the first try) and it was smooth on taxi and take off with my traffic settings set at 38%! (I do use Ultimate Traffic II) I Have not had good frame rates for KJFK, KSFO and KMIA in over a year since I deleted those add on airports I purchased at that time that caused the frame rate issue to begin with, even after uninstalling from FSX.   Maybe there is hope for my FSX.  I did not use GSX services though and that will be the next test with frame rates using v1.2.  I also need to test KSFO, the worst of all the airport frame rates on my system.  I Hope it works!

Cray Foley

I was hoping to test FA v1.2 some more but now I have been plagued with another FSX problem...Fatal Errors!   Back to CTD troubleshooting!

Cray Foley

I tried FA v1.2 again but with FSX's KMSP airport with QW757.  The frame rates are really terrible.  I can't figure out why.  From taxi to take off to 14,000 ft, the plane would move for about 2 seconds, freeze for about 2 seconds, move again for about 2 seconds and freeze, sometimes 4 seconds or more.  While it was looking good at KJFK with my PMDG 747-8. With Minneapolis KMSP, even at 14,000 feet the frames were bad, also when I made adjustments like the manual stated.

Cray Foley

I was hoping to test FA v1.2 some more but now I have been plagued with another FSX problem...Fatal Errors!   Back to CTD troubleshooting!

Cfoley, is this definitely something related to FA 1.2 do you think?  It sounded like initially 1.2 was going great.  You probably wouldn't post that unless you thought there definitely was a connection.  Just double checking.

I tried FA v1.2 again but with FSX's KMSP airport with QW757.  The frame rates are really terrible.  I can't figure out why.  From taxi to take off to 14,000 ft, the plane would move for about 2 seconds, freeze for about 2 seconds, move again for about 2 seconds and freeze, sometimes 4 seconds or more.

Yikes.  I keep going back and forth about whether to buy FA, but post like this make me really nervous.  I could deal with maybe throwing away a few bucks on an addon that didn't really work and just shelving it, but if it does something to kinda "break" FSX and cause even a seasoned user (like yourself) to feel like your installation became plagued as a result, I'm really hesitant.  Let us know if you figured out a way get things back to normal.

Yikes. I keep going back and forth about whether to buy FA, but post like this make me really nervous

That's why there is  a demo for you to download  and use

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I tried FA v1.2 again but with FSX's KMSP airport with QW757. The frame rates are really terrible.

It would be helpful to know your computer specs. Complete the My PC section so everyone can see your hardware.

What do you have set for lowest, middle and high fps?

Edit: I see My PC under the profile is not currently visible. Probably because of network issues.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Cfoley, is this definitely something related to FA 1.2 do you think?  It sounded like initially 1.2 was going great.  You probably wouldn't post that unless you thought there definitely was a connection.  Just double checking.

Yikes.  I keep going back and forth about whether to buy FA, but post like this make me really nervous.  I could deal with maybe throwing away a few bucks on an addon that didn't really work and just shelving it, but if it does something to kinda "break" FSX and cause even a seasoned user (like yourself) to feel like your installation became plagued as a result, I'm really hesitant.  Let us know if you figured out a way get things back to normal.

I don't think it is FA v1.2 that caused the fatal error.  It only happened with my PMDG 747-8 at KSFO, not QW757. So I think it is something to do with PMDG and FSX causing the fatal error, not FA.   I had this fatal error before a year ago and I don't know what is causing it.  FA v1.2 did not work with my QW757 at KMSP regarding frame rates, but FA worked at KJFK with my PMDG 747-8...and without a fatal error?  Does not make any sense.   If you don't have fatal errors now,  you most likely will not with FA v1.2.

Cray Foley

Has the new update stopped blurries or is there anyway to fix them ? 

Thanks 

For me I still get blurries when I fly into a heavy demand area, mostly urban payware scenery, unless I shut off FA.  Of course the whole idea of FA is supposed to facilitate flying into these areas and providing a smooth flight.

I do have a smooth flight but end up with very blurry ground textures and that really ruins the experience.  As mentioned I have shelved using it because of this issue.

Perhaps in fairness, I can use it for small demand areas successfully such as the new Orbx Squamish area which is very demanding to fly in if you turn on all the features associated with the control panel.  But given its "small" area in general as soon as you leave the area, there are no other issues related to blurries.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Has the new update stopped blurries or is there anyway to fix them ?

For me "the blurries" have never been a big deal as I am no "pole-to-pole-visibility"-flyer. I prefer the more realistic reduced visibility situations and so my scenery is probably not so demanding than others.

In v1.0/1.1 I only noticed texture blurring sometimes on finals to big airports with a lot of traffic when looking "unexpectedly" to the left or to the right.

Now with v1.2 I have the impression that this "tribute-to-smoothness-effect" is reduced or under a better control.

BTW: in 5 minutes my download of "Orbx Global+Vectors+openLC-EU" will be ready. I will try it with FA and do a report here.

And one more thing: flying the PMDG T7-300 on my little PC is really a great joy! This would have not been so much the case without FA.

Thank you FSPS for your great piece of software and the brilliant idea!

Greetings,

Claus

Hi all,

using the lower target frame with too high FPS target, compared to what you were getting on the same situation, will lower the graphic quality . This may cause indeed blurries. Written many times: don't expect miracles. "New magic tool" was a user's choice of words, not ours.

So if you were getting 20fps at a certain situation don't try immediately 30 at the lower target. Start with 21 then 22, 23 etc... till you find a working setup.

OR

Select the middle target. Middle target does not lower the graphics (compared to your specific settings in fsx.cfg) but only makes them better. You will not get a crazy fps gain, but there cannot be visual graphics loss.

Also remember to give FSX some time to settle-down when you make a preset change. During tests not all systems responded immediately on Fiber's input. On some it took 1-2 seconds but on others it was as high as 10seconds to see changes.

---------

A bit of off topic, on some unknown development history for Fiber Accelerator.

We initially started with a crazy idea: While studying how FSX graphics engine is working, we discovered a major "error" . FSX is rendering all textures on a radius around the aircraft. We classified this as "error" as the 99.9% of the time spent flying we are looking ahead or left/right. What if we manage to drop rendering of all textures in a 90 degree angled cone behind the tail of the aircraft? That would be exact same graphics to user (unless he changed view to external looking back ) but with 25% more computing power to deliver the rest - what you normally see - visuals.

Either you would get 25% more FPS or with the same FPS, 25% better graphic quality.

To our disappointment this part of coding needs actual changes on FSX files, and we didn't want to do that (or maybe even permitted to do that). Theoretically of course it is possible...

On the other hand during tests we discovered how changes can be done real time without touching any FSX file. That was the major breakthrough... The rest is known history ;)

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg