Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.2

Well for one its hard to "work with it" given the limited demo

Each demo lasts 60 minutes and you have 5 of them so that seems pretty generous to me and I would have thought more than enough time to form a judgement on whether it's beneficial to your system or not.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, that only is a benefit provided the person testing doesn't "blow" the demo count by manually starting/stopping the program.

A better description might be:

"You are allowed to Start the program five times. Each time the program will run for a maximum time of sixty minutes."

Since there is now a method to "suspend" the program's activity without manually stopping the program, one can take full advantage of the total five hours of demonstration period.

It cannot be emphasized enough that reading the instructions carefully before diving in is absolutely mandatory. B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Agreed Bill but a lot of people do dive in without reading the instructions. It's imperative as you point out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@carmined .. Thanks. The text can be shown bigger with Ctrl + mouse wheel , isn't it ?  :P

It's all good!!  Shiny side up and best wishes to you.   B)

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Agreed Bill but a lot of people do dive in without reading the instructions. It's imperative as you point out.

I was just about to say the same thing Ray. You and Bill are right on. Folks HAVE to RTFM. The demo is more than adequate if people just read the instructions.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Nils,

Try CLOSE instead of KILL. Check the path is correct.

This is my entry...

Run6=CLOSE,"C:\Program Files (x86)\FSPS\FSX Fiber Accelerator\FSX Fiber Accelerator.exe"

Hi Ray,

I was testing again this evening. It does not work! I still get a popup telling me that Flight Simulator is already running. I have no clue what to try next...

I am running a german version of windows 7 64bit. The path is correct!

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Hi Ray,

I was testing again this evening. It does not work! I still get a popup telling me that Flight Simulator is already running. I have no clue what to try next...

I am running a german version of windows 7 64bit. The path is correct!

Hi Nils,

I can't imagine the German version of Windows 7 is responsible. I don't understand why it thinks you're trying to launch FSX a second time.

Please paste the section from fsuipc4.ini you have the command in. Let's see if it looks okay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

[Programs]
//RunIf1=KILL,C:\FSX\Modules\linda.exe
Run1=CLOSE,"C:\FSX\FSX Fiber Accelerator\FSX Fiber Accelerator.exe"

This is what it looks like in my fsuipc4.ini. I am currently not using LINDA, so I commented it out. The word "FSX" happens to be THREE times in the path to the fiber exe file. Seems FSUIPC thinks I want to desperately start FSX one more time, lol. But the path is definitely the right one.

cheers,
NiIs U.

Hi Nils,

Well that looks fine so I'm going to have to admit defeat. I suggest you ask Pete Dowson on his forum here.

He's just back from holiday so you may not get a reply until tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi again,

after deinstalling and installing Fiber Accelerator in the default location

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSPS\FSX Fiber Accelerator\FSX Fiber Accelerator.exe

it's working now. For some reason FSUIPC seems to have trouble with the location I chose for the installation (C:\FSX\...). I will head over to the FSUIPC forum and tell Pete about it.

Thanks a lot Ray! And sorry for beeing slightly off topic...

cheers,
NiIs U.

Thanks for the update Nils.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

please help me with one question: 

whether FibAcc should be open and active when running FSX or once configured may stay closed?

please help me with one question: 

whether FibAcc should be open and active when running FSX or once configured may stay closed?

Open and active

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Isn't it about time for a v1.3?  ;)  Anyone know if the product is still being updated?  It caused such a stir and it seemed like there were lot of folks buying it in July, but I was holding out a bit longer for some more kinks to get iron out.  Might just go ahead and buy it anyway tho....

Isn't it about time for a v1.3?  ;)  Anyone know if the product is still being updated?  It caused such a stir and it seemed like there were lot of folks buying it in July, but I was holding out a bit longer for some more kinks to get iron out.  Might just go ahead and buy it anyway tho....

I use it all the time, and truly found no 'kinks', and it has never CTD, or adversely affected FSX.  I'm wondering if P3D v2.x can benefit from this, or the internal tweaks of v2.3 has made a program like this, redundant.  For FSX, though...I class this in the Thumb's Up-Gold Listing......