Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Startup problem

I just bought the MJC-8 Q400, but i'm having some problems getting started, with some startup problems in P3Dv2, using version 1.009.

I'm following some videos on youtube, to familliarize myself with the instruments and procedures. When I load the aircraft I first set it to cold and dark by switching off all switches on the DC panel.

-My first attempt, when i switched on the batteries and main power, the lights of the fire panel lit up imediatelly, I could start the APU, turn on the displays and when I got to starting the engines the engines wouldnt start, following the instructions on the video: Starter switch to normal, choose an engine (#2 first), push the start button and increase the condition lever to the first position. I tried several times, also watched some other videos, which came down to the same procedure, with the difference that another guy set the generator switches on the DC panel to on, which I also tried with no luck... So I rebooted

-Second attempt: When I switched on the batteries and main power, the lights on the fire panel lit up, but I couldnt start the APU anymore. I turn on the power and push start, but the lights that goes on ont he start button distinguishes imediattely and light on some other buttons flash shortly and then nothing. So another reboot and another try.

-On my third attempt I switched on the batteries and main power and the lights on the fire panel already didnt light up...

After doing some other stuff on my computer, fly another aircraft and a full reboot, I tried again and could to the engine start again, but thats as far as I got.

I could use some help getting past the startup procedure, so I can start flying.

Cheers!

Maarten

Are you loading up a Saved Flight? That can sometimes create starting issues if they flight was saved with an older version of the Q400.

The only thing I can suggest (and you probably already know this) is that you have turned something needed for engine start off during your shutdown sequence and then failed to re-enable it, but I'm not sure what that might be; you have DC electric power available to drive the starter motors (all batteries ON), and presumably you have fuel loaded (using MJC84 control panel) and all the relevant fuel valves open (i.e. you haven't pulled the fire handle, conditions levers are in start & feather, thrust levers to DISC).

Perhaps you could try starting using ground power instead of the APU or batteries, at least then you'd know the issue was electrical.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I think something had gone wrong in the installation. When I tried to reinstal I noticed more things going wrong and I already had some issues with the computer, past week, so my guess is that something was bugging the installation.

I completely reinstalled Windows and P3D and now everything seems to work just fine

Cheers!

Maarten