Sign in to follow this  
Guest ponyboy

Lake Havasu City scenery?

Hi all, Did a search for Lake Havasu scenery, also checked Heather's awesome site, but couldn't find any for either FS2002 or 2004. I'm not sure if it's something I did by installing all kinds of meshes (whatever those are), but I noticed that Lake Havasu City is not there, only the airport exists in FS. So I was wondering if there is supposed to be some generic default city there or not? I would have to guess no, because Laughlin and Bullhead City are there. Anyway, does anyone know of any Lake Havasu City scenery files that are somewhere out there hidden from the main sim sites? I never actually checked flightsim.com because it is too complicated for me, but I'm guessing that there are none there either. I am tired.Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest ponyboy

Sadly, there is no real scenery for Lake Havasu, either default or as an add-on. I've played with the ladclass there but never spend enough time to do much with it. Needs some RWY12 help.

Hello Jeff,No, Lake Havasu City does not even appear in the default scenery.I made some photo-real ground of Lake Havasu City for a friend about 3 years ago, but never finished the autogen placement (boring!) and did not make a London Bridge. It does have its very own autogen trees texture sheet, though - Washingtonia palms, saguaros, etc.Is there a reason why you are interested in this area? I did not think that there was an AFB around there, but perhaps you are from there.Best regards.Luis

Luis,Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm from Las Vegas, and my Grandma has a house there. It is fun to do short hops from Las Vegas to Lake Havasu. LOL about the Air Force base thing, that's not all I care about, infact I don't have any AFB sceneries as they seem to be hard to find. Wish someone would do a good Tinker or Nellis.Jeff USAF

Jeff

The US landclass from FSGenesis has places all kinds of small municipalities into the 48 contiguous states. It's about $10 but adds much to the scenery in the sim. It's quite astonishing. For another $10 you can get roads, rails, and streams for the entire US and see an even more realistic representation.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Does that include Lake Havasu?Jeff

Jeff

Hello Jeff,I searched my hard disk and came up with these old pictures. The ground is made from black and white USGS aerial images, very blurry and bad quality pictures - your tax dollars at work! Since I have never been to Lake Havasu or anywhere in the Sonora desert areas, the coloring is mostly approximate - my aim was basically to make it blend with the surrounding land class (red desert).This is the default:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109472.jpgAnd the new ground:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109473.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109474.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109475.jpgThose who have been here a while might recognize Ed's Big Red, the Baron that is no longer.The scenery had custom vegetation as well:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109476.jpgLet's see, fan palms, date palms, cottonwood, yucca, agave, Canary date palm, saguaro, a Joshua tree just for fun, opuntia, barrel cactus, etc.There are a few hundred pleasure boats in the channel. And, of course, the airport needs to be redone, as it has gotten new hangars.Best regards.Luis

Guest GOP

Hoped to also find Havasu when I clicked on this thread! Have not been yet. Re-rigging my boat in S.Cal and plan on doing my testing on the lake after-words. So it would be nice to have real looking scenery to relive the trip!

Guest ponyboy

That's some nice work there Luis. We used to go out to Havasu to celebrate the 4th of July. A resort area know for its boating. Quite a party out there on weekends. Had an 80 foot houseboat we would take into Copper Canyon... lot's of 'nakeness' abounded back then!I can even see the famous London Bridge in your shot. Know that well as I rammed it once by accident with the houseboat (oooops!)Be nice if you were ever to update it for FS2004. But it's a unique niche area only few might fly to... unless it was done right.