Sign in to follow this  
vegasflyby

Help with Bojote's tweak causing AI aircraft pop-in

Hi all -

Been having an issue with my AI traffic not being viewable until I'm pretty much on top of it. A video of what I'm talking about can be seen here...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cJXbR7_yE&list=UU8fjzaV8B_qWxtQyuPQRpNA

I was about to give up when I decided to delete my FSX.cfg (already tweaked with Bojote's utility) to see if that would make a difference. And it did! There was no more pop-in. So I retweaked the cfg using the utility again and the pop-in issue happened again. I can only assume one of the tweaks is causing this issue. I just don't know which one or how to fix it. That's where I need some help from the pros. Here's what Bojote's utility has tweaked...

AffinityMask not present. Adding for optimal results with your hardware.
You don't have a BufferPools section!, adding optimized settings.
HIGHMEMFIX was added to your config!
vSync Fix applied to your configuration! (Make sure you set your driver to Application controlled so the option is NOT forced but applied by FSX itself) it will work now.
vSync Fix (Windowed mode) applied to your configuration! (Make sure you set your driver to Application controlled so the option is NOT forced but applied by FSX itself) it will work now.
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 has been added to make FSX Shader 3 compatible
Adjusting TextureMaxLoad to 12 based on your hardware.
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT has been added to your configuration to prevent blurries.
Your Water resolution have been adjusted to prevent white texture flashes.
SmallPartRejectRadius have been added to your config for performance
Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance.
Adjusting SOUND_LOD for improved performance when using AI sounds.
Removing overlay tips to avoid graphics corruption.
Aircraft Shadow settings ignored. No changes were made.
We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter. You'll experience a massive performance increase. Download the limiter here
MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti card.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Erik

I think it may be something to do with the SmallPartRejectRadius in the CFG file as I know this affects draw distance, try it with that line removed.

Darran

Thank you, Darran. That seems to help. I found that line in my cfg and it read ...

SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0

I decided to change it to 2.0 the pop-in issue is greatly reduced. I'll have to play around with this to get the best results for my set-up.

Thanks again!