Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Nvidia GTX 670 Owners and driver version

I currently own a GTX 670 and was having problems with low FPS and a lot of stutters. I tried everything to bring back the smoothness but nothing helped. I remember I had upgraded my nvidia drivers to the latest ones because I was running iRacing and was taking a break from FSX.

I went ahead and reinstalled the old nvidia drivers version 3.1422 and miraculously I got my smoothness back along with FPS in the 30's.

My questions is which nvidia driver version works for you on your GTX 670?

I currently own a GTX 670 and was having problems with low FPS and a lot of stutters. I tried everything to bring back the smoothness but nothing helped. I remember I had upgraded my nvidia drivers to the latest ones because I was running iRacing and was taking a break from FSX.

I went ahead and reinstalled the old nvidia drivers version 3.1422 and miraculously I got my smoothness back along with FPS in the 30's.

My questions is which nvidia driver version works for you on your GTX 670?

Hi Samaritano,

i own the same graphic video card GTX 670 and my current driver version is the new beta driver 340.43 released 6/17/14  B) at this moment i was testing FSX with some tweaks to make it look better and improve performance on Windows 8.1 64 and Directx 11 with some issues as low fps and some stuttering so i decide to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with Directx 11 as well to see if this help with my expectations, i will see whats going on after the installation and test. Do you have Directx 11 on your video card specifications or another version installed?

Regards.

337.88 is used by lots of folks

For best FSX experience? or it is the most recommended driver?

For best FSX experience? or it is the most recommended driver?

It is the current, solid driver release.

The individual releases make very little if any difference in FSX, unless you are testing beta releases..

Bert

335.23  -  Because the newer ones give me some Errors... (blurring, etc)

337.88 is used by lots of folks

Bert,

That's the version that I had to un install because of poor performance. I have no idea why but version 314.22 works so nice.

Mickey,

The GTX 670 is DX11 compatible but FSX is not. I do have the latest DirectX software installed.

I'm using 337.88 on a EVGA GTX 670 without any stutters, whatsoever, in FSX dx9. Whereas my brother, who also uses a GTX 670, with FSX dx10, has been having rather severe performance issues. He found that rolling back to the 314. drivers helped him. It appears to be a crap shoot.

regards, Jazz 

FS9.1 with GEPro, UT Europe, and Zinertek water runs smooth as silk with an MSI GTX 670, 314. drivers in W7 x64.

Supporter.png

John

Thanks Jazz and John. Thanks probably my issue. I've been running DX10 (free version) and it's problematic with the latest drivers. I'll stick to 314.22.

Thanks guys.

Ed