Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ghost

Aircraft Reccomendation

Guest Ghost

Hi all,I'm looking for a reccomendation for my next aircraft.For the last several months I have almost exclusively flying Flight1's C441. I would like to take the next step for a more complete simming expirience.I would like an aircraft that night fly alittle higher, maybe a little faster. I want one that simulates most systems of the aircraft as I am trying to understand then and use them.I own Flight1's ATR-72, but it seems as though I'm still in over my head for that one.Is there an aircraft that would be the next logical step?Thanks,Robert

Guest av84fun

Ditto the Aeroworx B200. I have some B90 time ITRW (an OLD "little brother") and the B200 is one of the best aircraft of its general category in all of simming.Best,Jim

I'm happy to tell you NOT to consider FeelThere's ERJ. Despite the fact that many like the plane, I find the fact that it cost me $35, and its performance is not that good (vs my PMDG 737NG--which I highly recommend), plus the dang Flight Management Computer DOES NOT allow you to import a simple run of mill flight plan from FS and have it populate with the coresponding ICAO identifiers. If you think this is BS, read this from their forum. Please note: it STILL doesn't pick up the nav database correctly as of today, March 13. I tried flights from Reno NV (KRNO) to SF (KSFO) and got the phoney waypoint (oh yeah they are the correct actual spots, even if they are called LL01, LL02 or some other generic nomenclature):PhilipManwaringStarting memberUSA5 PostsPosted - 01/09/2005 : 17:04:57 Just bought the ERJ-145 PIC. I'm picking up most things OK, but the FMS seems to be unable to pick up the nav database for some reason. Please see the screen below and you'll note no active nav data. Any help you can offer will be much appreciated. Thanks,Philip. victorAdministratorUSA3179 Posts Posted - 01/09/2005 : 23:20:54 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Philip,We are looking into this.Vic

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest panda234

I didn't hear him asking what not to buy, I think he's looking for an opinion on what to buy. If you're into realism and a heavy, I'd go the RFP 747. The systems are wonderful, it looks really good, nice sounds, it's the way to go. But, if you're into shorter range stuff (you can fly the RFP short hauls too, you just have to use your imagingation) I'd recommend either the DF 727 or the PMDG 737. They are both in a class above the rest. The 727 dosn't have a fmc, but that's why I like it, hehe. So, up to you. Let us know what you choose and how you like it. EDIT: omg, my bad, I forgot Level D 767. It's the one I fly all the time because it's that good. So, now you're getting the idea? There's lots out there, it's your call. billg

>I didn't hear him asking what not to buy, I think he's>looking for an opinion on what to buy. That's fine Panda, and I'm entitled to offer what insight I can. Feel free to answer any way YOU want. Had I known about the screwed up database in their ERJ I would definitely not have bought the product. And, they will not refund your money under any circumstance, nor will they allow you to sell it to someone else for $10. Never again with FeelThere.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest Ghost

Well, I took a look at the Aeroworx B200 and bought it. I think it was what I was looking for. I appreciate the suggestions of the 'big birds', but I don't think I'm ready for them yet.Like I had said in the original post, I own the Flight1 ATR-72 and as of now I think it is still a little much for me as I am trying to learn the systems as I go.The B200 seems more complex than the Flight1 C441 (BTW I love this plane) that I'm flying now and looks like a good next step.Sooner or later I'll make it to the PMDG or the Level-D, I just don't think I'm there yet.Thanks for all the info,Robert

Guest panda234

Cool! In no time you'll be as addicted as we are, hehe. How do you like it? I don't have it, so I don't know. Tell us. You're a refreshing blah blah. Do you have scenery? Know how to do it? If not, we'll bring you up to speed. LOL, well, yeah...billg

Guest kickin_chicken

Funny, I have "graduated" from the Flight1 Meridian, to the FSD Cheyenne to the ESDG Citation X, and now a B36 from Alphasim.co.uk and eventually the PMDG 737NG. I feel that when I have a desire for the 'next level', I'll get that 737! It's been about a year since I started my payware collection (all of which are great!), and I feel that 'moving up' in small steps might be expensive (in real-world $$) but more gratifying, IMHO. BTW I have the FSD Navajo and Aerostar, which are great A/C. I looked very hard at the Aeroworx B200 (even printed the manual). I might make that next step to a 'more complex' and larger turboprop bird before the 737NG, but the Cheyenne seems to fill the void quite nicely.

Guest VApilot2004

Great choice - I have the Aeroworx B200 - it has fair amount of realistic systems modeling. And the physical model - one of the best I have ever seen for Fs2004 - Plus they have a terrific support forum to help you learn to appreciate this jewel of the skies.Like the other folks here, I also highly recommend the Citation X - a joy to fly - with even more systems to learn and use incuding a working FMC and easy on the frames on my PC (PIV 1.6GHZ)happy flyingkelly

Guest danowat

>I'm happy to tell you NOT to consider FeelThere's ERJ. >Despite the fact that many like the plane, I find the fact>that it cost me $35, and its performance is not that good (vs>my PMDG 737NG--which I highly recommend), plus the dang Flight>Management Computer DOES NOT allow you to import a simple run>of mill flight plan from FS and have it populate with the>coresponding ICAO identifiers. If you think this is BS, read>this from their forum. Please note: it STILL doesn't pick up>the nav database correctly as of today, March 13. I tried>flights from Reno NV (KRNO) to SF (KSFO) and got the phoney>waypoint (oh yeah they are the correct actual spots, even if>they are called LL01, LL02 or some other generic>nomenclature):>>PhilipManwaring>Starting member>USA>5 Posts>Posted - 01/09/2005 : 17:04:57 >Just bought the ERJ-145 PIC. I'm picking up most things OK,>but the FMS seems to be unable to pick up the nav database for>some reason. Please see the screen below and you'll note no>active nav data. Any help you can offer will be much>appreciated. >Thanks,>Philip. >>>>victor>Administrator>USA>3179 Posts> Posted - 01/09/2005 : 23:20:54 >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------> >Philip,>>We are looking into this.>Vic> > >*******, here we go again, the one man vendetta against Feelthere, get over it man.Dan.

Guest QFA001

Noel,reading your flaming posts I couldn't stand no more and registered on this forum. I'm long time Avsim reader and I'm probably one of the first feelThere customer. I think your vandetta is getting way out of control now with full of lies about this fine developer. FeelThere emerged just a few years ago but they became one of the most repsected developers in my eyes. You are whyning about no refund and not working FMS. Let me tell you something; you can look PMDG (who you are talking so highly about) and you'll see they policy is the same. This days even music CDs are not refundable anymore thanks for piracy! With your low class attitude you pointed out some negative part of the forum so let me copy a few as well.-Great simulation of the EMB-145!!I bought the CD version a few days ago and I am impressed. I am a real life EMB-145 pilot with around 1000 hours in the right seat. Overall very impressive.--The ERJ is one of the best products ever produced. I know you are taking a little time-out and producing a Caravan. But after, I think you should produce something that the whole thousands (or even million) FS2004 are wating for-Yep, that did it thx Alex. it was the rounding and the 093 that was throwing it off-Followed the instructions to update MDAC as referred to in the ERJ FAQ. (really this is rolling back MDAC to the Windows XPSP1 version instead of the Windows XPSP2 version)After rolling back MDAC confirmed I now have the older version of MDAC: "MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2".Launched FS and the ERJ . . and . . . the FMS finds the database!!Nothing bad so far, the above also fixed the exit/change planes FS crash issued caused by the ERJ. The system has also been rebooted twice, full shut down and restart, to see if any strange things happened. All seems fine so far.Did a 'climb to altitude' flight out of KSEA (34R.BLUIT3.EPH) and everthing seemed to work.I recommend spending less time flaming them here and spend a little more on reading the manual. Also just to show how low class you are I never saw any posting from you on the feelthere forum.Answering for the original question; I would recommend the new Level D B767 if you like long flights and give feelthere a chance if you want to jump into some fine regional plane with complex system. Quantasluvr

Guest QFA001

>>I didn't hear him asking what not to buy, I think he's>>looking for an opinion on what to buy. >>That's fine Panda, and I'm entitled to offer what insight I>can. Feel free to answer any way YOU want. Had I known about>the screwed up database in their ERJ I would definitely not>have bought the product. And, they will not refund your money>under any circumstance, nor will they allow you to sell it to>someone else for $10. Never again with FeelThere.>>NoelYou sell it for $10 once. Then one more time, then another time... How do we call this exactly? If I was you I would quietly stop even suggesting it... Quantasluver

Guest diajohn2

You really should spend time and effort reading the manuals and getting to know the ATR72-500. It can be complex but it will prepare you for flying the heavies. You may choose to fly something simpler but you could learn so much from the ATR72-500. You can import the flight plan from FS9 so that part is easy. You input the empty weight 19.7, your reserves about 3% and execute. Then only other things you need are the takeoff runway, your planned altitude and then go fly. It should only take about three flights to get it down and then you can fly this wonderful aircraft for a lot of hours.