Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Activision sued by former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega

I just couldn't participate, when the level of modern graphics made the whole experience feel so real on such a visceral level.

There's an option in the game to skip the mission entirely, or to tone down the violence without affecting the rest of the story.

It was really disgusting and I never even played it. This game should have been banned worldwide and huge suits taken action against the developers who made this game. Whether it's Russia, America, EU, China, anywhere, killing hundreds of innocent civilians is simply unacceptable not to mention the whole experience was graphic. What's even more sad to see, is all the kids posting "haha, we killed russians" sort of comments in their badly moderated forums.

No. Banning of the game worldwide? No thanks. The world has enough censorship already. Think about it. In Germany, Australia, and Austria, MANY games are heavily censored to meet the demands of the respective rating boards. It's ridiculous that, in 2014, certain games in those countries are given "low-violence" versions.

Again, the option to skip the mission or to tone down the violence was always available.

Well, I guess if the scene was about killing Americans or Europeans in an airport there would be a huge wider outrage than only with Russians. It's hard to explain but it will definitely not get past. Even if it was let's say germans, the public in Germany would be in outrage.

I guess you have to be Russian to understand why this is so wrong, I don't know. But the point is, simply the developers who were probably young people without any morals or ethics thought it was perfectly fine to have a scene killing people of some country across the atlantic and I hope this will not be done again. Even if you can skip it, this was made available later, not in the beginning. It shouldn't even have been sold here until it was banned.

I don't like censorship either, it has existed many decades ago. Some for the worse and some for the better. But there is simply a few music files, games, and movies which are simply a bad developement for the public. The media is responsible for how messed up the world we live in today is.

Anyway, I don't want to cause any more fights if I guess as usual at least someone will not like this post. I get a long with different people of the world really well in real life hence I don't know why it's so different online. However, I just wanted to express why the ban might actually have been beneficial.

Well, I guess if the scene was about killing Americans or Europeans in an airport there would be a huge wider outrage than only with Russians. It's hard to explain but it will definitely not get past. Even if it was let's say germans, the public in Germany would be in outrage.

Eh. There are plenty of Foreign-made games in which Americans (and others) are fair targets.

My reaction, and that of most gamer's (rather than political and journalistic types, whose whole careers are about being righteously outraged about this, that, or the other thing on a daily basis) is to roll our eyes, and stifle a yawn.

There's an option in the game to skip the mission entirely, or to tone down the violence without affecting the rest of the story.

Wonder if they added it later? Still wouldn't have helped. After that, I just lost interest. I was more bummed than after Aeris's death in Final Fantasy 7!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just chose to skip that one level and enjoyed the rest of the game immensely. I agree that the airport level was very tasteless and unnecessary to get the story across and they could have mentioned the massacre during one of the mission briefings or in a newscast cut scene instead. Playing the level where Russian paratroopers were landing in a US suburb had a bigger impact on me than watching clips on youtube about the airport level.