Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

Turbine Flex?

I think it might be challenging but imagine how amazingly cool would that be?

What would be cool??

What is turbine flex?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Do you mean the way the engine "wobbles" slightly on its mounting points? Not sure if this would work in FSX...

Do you mean the way the engine "wobbles" slightly on its mounting points? Not sure if this would work in FSX...

Yep, why not? Its the same thing as wingflex but just with two axis for movement direction.

Imagine taking off with a 777 on wingview with the turbines roaring as they move plus you get a new effect for condensation entering the turbines? :D

We can all hope and dream no? However it will probably hit FPS like nothing else.

Yep, why not? Its the same thing as wingflex but just with two axis for movement direction.

Imagine taking off with a 777 on wingview with the turbines roaring as they move plus you get a new effect for condensation entering the turbines? :D

We can all hope and dream no? However it will probably hit FPS like nothing else.

Hmm... I wonder. I don't know enough about FSX, I thought only the wings could flex. Not so sure about FPS, moving the engine wont really put much more load on the system, and condensation effects, either.

Hmm... I wonder. I don't know enough about FSX, I thought only the wings could flex. Not so sure about FPS, moving the engine wont really put much more load on the system, and condensation effects, either.

Well, perhaps engine flex can be xml or gauge controlled like the wing and gear animations on those Project Opensky 747s and 777s. I also remember those Posky jets have a condensation fx effect file but i've never seen them work. Either ways, it'll be a really neat feature to have on the T7 if it doesn't hit performance too hard.

I am sure,when wing- flex was invented,if you thought about it being incorporated,there would have been people who thought it would cost a lot of fps.Turbine flex is a funny way to put it across :P

What i would love to see is the shockwave condensation,it is such a characteristic feature of those engines strength.

But we should be proud of what PMDG has been able to do,and now that taxi cam.

Can't wait to see what pmdg does  in the future.

warm regards

I wouldn't want PMDG to waste any time developing animations for the engine nacelles. It would be nice for the movie making fraternity but it would add almost nothing worthwhile for anyone else. Flap vibration would be a more worthwhile animation to add but even then it's a very low priority if you spend most of your time in the VC.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Also maybe asymmetrical wingtip flex with aileron movement. But these are already too complex for a flight simulator

I wouldn't want PMDG to waste any time developing animations for the engine nacelles. It would be nice for the movie making fraternity but it would add almost nothing worthwhile for anyone else. Flap vibration would be a more worthwhile animation to add but even then it's a very low priority if you spend most of your time in the VC.

Absolutely.These are just nice touches to the aircraft,none of them are actually needed.eye candy,if you will.

If we had a 64 bit platform we would have all the nice touches we could think of already. As we are still stuck with 32 bit, we have to wait for a SP1 because of that dreaded VAS limit. I truly believe that if we ever get a P3D in 64 bit, PMDG ( and other developers') products will get to be so real in complexity, with some of the ideas here and so much more.  

Yes, all these heavily visual things won't effect Virtual Addressing Space limitations at all!

not.