Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robscho

Moon has gone AWOL - Help

Guest Robscho

Probably been a problem in my FS2004 sim for a while - the moon is nowhere to be seen - can change time, day etc - no difference.Have tried clearing all weather in the sim and FSUIPC and removing all weather settings from FSUIPC.I am using the standard moon env_ textures - anyone got any ideas why this is happening (stars are working OK).Using the Omega drivers based on the Catalyst 5.1 drivers.Regards

Are you sure it not a new moon cycle, or the moon is below the horizon. FS tries to replicate the moon cycles. That is why you will see a sliver, half, three-fourths, full, new. The moon also rotates around the earth, just like the real one, so it is possible the moon is below the horizon not visible from your view.I don't know the schedule of the moon, of if it actually follows a schedule like the real one. Maybe someone else can answer that. Just my thought on why you are not seeing the moon.Kev